<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
	<title type="html"><![CDATA[wolfSSL - Embedded SSL Library — Client fails during handshake.]]></title>
	<link rel="self" href="https://www.wolfssl.com/forums/feed-atom-topic2583.xml" />
	<updated>2026-10-10T04:40:53Z</updated>
	<generator>PunBB</generator>
	<id>https://www.wolfssl.com/forums/topic2583-client-fails-during-handshake.html</id>
		<entry>
			<title type="html"><![CDATA[Client fails during handshake.]]></title>
			<link rel="alternate" href="https://www.wolfssl.com/forums/post8949.html#p8949" />
			<content type="html"><![CDATA[<p>Hello,</p><p>I&#039;m trying to write a tls client application in zig using wolfSSL, and I kept on getting -188 or -313 during the handshake step. The errors seem to alternate. The CA cert I was using I extracted from my Mozilla installation and even verified that it is the correct cert by finding it on the internet and comparing the text in the PEM file to what I found online, and it was a match.</p><p>Since nothing I tried was working I just decided to run a basic test using your scripts. I did the following:<br /></p><div class="codebox"><pre><code>git clone https://github.com/wolfssl/wolfssl.git
cd wolfssl
./autogen.sh &amp;&amp; ./configure &amp;&amp; make &amp;&amp; ./examples/client/client -h www.example.com -p 443 -g</code></pre></div><p>And I keep getting the exact same errors: -188 or -313...</p><div class="codebox"><pre><code>connecting to www.example.com:443
wolfSSL_connect error -313, received alert fatal error
wolfSSL error, examples/client/client.c L 4433: wolfSSL_connect failed</code></pre></div><p>Could you please point me in the right direction on what I might be doing wrong?<br />Thank you for your time,<br />Nik</p>]]></content>
			<author>
				<name><![CDATA[nik.marinov]]></name>
				<uri>https://www.wolfssl.com/forums/user19996.html</uri>
			</author>
			<updated>2026-10-10T04:40:53Z</updated>
			<id>https://www.wolfssl.com/forums/post8949.html#p8949</id>
		</entry>
</feed>
