<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
	<channel>
		<title><![CDATA[wolfSSL - Embedded SSL Library — Client fails during handshake.]]></title>
		<link>https://www.wolfssl.com/forums/topic2583-client-fails-during-handshake.html</link>
		<atom:link href="https://www.wolfssl.com/forums/feed-rss-topic2583.xml" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
		<description><![CDATA[The most recent posts in Client fails during handshake..]]></description>
		<lastBuildDate>Sat, 10 Oct 2026 04:40:53 +0000</lastBuildDate>
		<generator>PunBB</generator>
		<item>
			<title><![CDATA[Client fails during handshake.]]></title>
			<link>https://www.wolfssl.com/forums/post8949.html#p8949</link>
			<description><![CDATA[<p>Hello,</p><p>I&#039;m trying to write a tls client application in zig using wolfSSL, and I kept on getting -188 or -313 during the handshake step. The errors seem to alternate. The CA cert I was using I extracted from my Mozilla installation and even verified that it is the correct cert by finding it on the internet and comparing the text in the PEM file to what I found online, and it was a match.</p><p>Since nothing I tried was working I just decided to run a basic test using your scripts. I did the following:<br /></p><div class="codebox"><pre><code>git clone https://github.com/wolfssl/wolfssl.git
cd wolfssl
./autogen.sh &amp;&amp; ./configure &amp;&amp; make &amp;&amp; ./examples/client/client -h www.example.com -p 443 -g</code></pre></div><p>And I keep getting the exact same errors: -188 or -313...</p><div class="codebox"><pre><code>connecting to www.example.com:443
wolfSSL_connect error -313, received alert fatal error
wolfSSL error, examples/client/client.c L 4433: wolfSSL_connect failed</code></pre></div><p>Could you please point me in the right direction on what I might be doing wrong?<br />Thank you for your time,<br />Nik</p>]]></description>
			<author><![CDATA[null@example.com (nik.marinov)]]></author>
			<pubDate>Sat, 10 Oct 2026 04:40:53 +0000</pubDate>
			<guid>https://www.wolfssl.com/forums/post8949.html#p8949</guid>
		</item>
	</channel>
</rss>
