Many thanks for your time!

Dear Chrisc,

My problems on finding the proper certificates still exists, after may trials I found some combinations that worked. Although I would be very cheerfull for a better understanding.

The combinations which worked for me are the following:

. google. com      Equifax_Secure_CA.pem
. paypal. com     Verisign_Class_3_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority.pem
. amazon. co.uk Verisign_Class_3_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority.pem

But the following combination make me wondering:

https:// www. microsoft. com GTE_CyberTrust_Global_Root.pem

because it did not verified.

I grabed these certificates from my Linux machine under /etc/ssl/certs path.

Could you please provide me some info about the certificated wolfssl needs in order to verify the server. I read on the wolfssl manuals that it uses the ROOT CA certifictes, these certificates are self signed rigth? If I use a self extracted and self signed certificate would it work?

Could you please provide some info or examples with public servers would be very appreciated!

Where can I find more info about the extraction of certificates and how do you extract/use them?

I use the wolfSSL_CTX_load_verify_locations() and the wolfSSL_CTX_load_verify_buffer() depending the platform I use (PC / embedded device).

Best Regards,
Cyberrobot

volondario wrote:

I have also tried with CyaSSL 3.0, but it behaves in the same manner. Without the server verification it works.

Hi I have the same problem (on Ubuntu), I copy the Root CA from a website at PEM file format and then transform it to DER via openssl and storing it in a buffer but the authentication fails.

EDIT: Finally I found the solution to my ignorance, you have to grab the ROOT certificate of the CA signed the server (It must say self signed), for google is the Equifax_Secure_CA.pem(TLS_v1.2) / amazon.uk Verisigned (TLS_v1) and it's stored to my OS as it should be.

Both CyaSSL_CTX_load_verify_locations and CyaSSL_CTX_load_verify_buffer worked like a charm.

Example : amazon.co.uk any one of these certificates fail... (find them attached on the file).
I got them with the command:
openssl s_client -showcerts -connect amazon.co.uk:443 </dev/null

I Still can't find a solution to the next one :

Another Issue is when verification fails and I try to get some info from the call of verify callback.

e.g printf(""%s",(ctx_ob->current_cert->subjectCN));

there is nothing there.... sad

Hello I'm working on a wolfSSL project at the moment and I was wondering how to port some certifications on my application.  The only example that works is that mention before on this thread for "vpn-students.poly.edu".

If I use a root certificate at .pem format from cacert.org the ssl authentication fails:

Failed to verify Peer's cert
    No callback override available, fatal

The certificate I use is attached.

The code functions I use are the following:

wolfSSL_Debugging_ON();
wolfSSL_Init();

ssl->method=wolfTLSv1_client_method();

ssl->ctx = wolfSSL_CTX_new(ssl->method);

wolfSSL_CTX_set_verify(ssl->ctx, SSL_VERIFY_PEER, 0);

wolfSSL_CTX_load_verify_locations(ssl->ctx,"./cacert.pem",0);
/*or  converted with hexdump*/
wolfSSL_CTX_load_verify_buffer(sock_ssl->ctx,eco_cert,sizeof(eco_cert), SSL_FILETYPE_PEM);

ssl->ssl = wolfSSL_new(ssl->ctx);

wolfSSL_set_fd(ssl->ssl, ssl->ID);
        ret=wolfSSL_connect(ssl->ssl);
        if (ret!= SSL_SUCCESS){err = wolfSSL_get_error(sock_ssl->ssl, ret);}

The Error Code i get is -155.... can anyone provide any advise...