1

(0 replies, posted in wolfSSL)

Hello,

I'm trying to write a tls client application in zig using wolfSSL, and I kept on getting -188 or -313 during the handshake step. The errors seem to alternate. The CA cert I was using I extracted from my Mozilla installation and even verified that it is the correct cert by finding it on the internet and comparing the text in the PEM file to what I found online, and it was a match.

Since nothing I tried was working I just decided to run a basic test using your scripts. I did the following:

git clone https://github.com/wolfssl/wolfssl.git
cd wolfssl
./autogen.sh && ./configure && make && ./examples/client/client -h www.example.com -p 443 -g

And I keep getting the exact same errors: -188 or -313...

connecting to www.example.com:443
wolfSSL_connect error -313, received alert fatal error
wolfSSL error, examples/client/client.c L 4433: wolfSSL_connect failed

Could you please point me in the right direction on what I might be doing wrong?
Thank you for your time,
Nik