Kaleb and Bitgid thank you very much for the responses, since we have earlier version of WOLFSSL (WOLFSSL_ALT_CERT_CHAINS available from October 2017) we are going to override verification result with verify_cb if it will prove necessary.

Thanks again!

Amir

Thanks Bitgid, but I've seen this manual and the answer to my question is not there.

to clarify: assuming we have 3 certificates A->B->C (A signed B, B signed C), where A is self-signed certificate, is there a way to load B as the my trust anchor, and allow WOLFSSL to authenticate C only with B (that is, without self-signed certificate)?

this behavior will be equivalent to OPENSSL with "partial_chain" flag.

anyway, thanks!

Amir

Hello,

OPENSSL provide the flag "partial_chain" that allow non self signed certificates to be used as CA, and verify certificates signed by one of those non self signed CA certificates. also, with "partial_chain" a non self signed CA can verify itself (which I'm not sure that is a private case of the partial chain verification rule).

is there a similar behavior supported by WOLFSSL? I'm looking for partial chain verification, self-verification, or both.

I know there is possibility to overwrite the verification result with verify_cb mechanism but I want to use WOLFSSL verification schemes. maybe I can call relevant WOLFSSL function from inside my verify_cb?

Thanks!

Amir

p.s.
without the flag, OPENSSL return "unable to get local issuer certificate". WOLFSSL return -188 (ASN_NO_SIGNER_E).