Hello @Kaleb,

Thnaks for your reply and your interest about my question.

My goal is to load a JWK file that contains an ECC private key (and of course the public part too because as with asn.1 key format when a private key is present, the public one too).

I think that it's not necessary to know how the JOSE implementation from CISOC works.
The main fact is that the JOSE library call the EC_POINT_mul with following parameters set to NULL

• const WOLFSSL_EC_POINT *q,

• const WOLFSSL_BIGNUM *m,

• WOLFSSL_BN_CTX *ctx

The manpage of OpenSSL indicates, in this case, that the API should only do a "generator * n" [aka G, the base point, * n].

EC_POINT_mul(params, Q, bnD, NULL, NULL, NULL)) => this should perform bnD * G (with G extracted from params which indique the domain parameters of the curve) and result into Q

In my case the goal is to perform the standard Q = d * G multiplication to get Q which is the public key. But due to the checks on parameters "point", "p_scalar"

Whatever the caller is (JOSE from CISCO or any other caller that will use this API with the same calliong context) the result is that the behavior seems to be not the expected one.

So my point is: why wolfSSL do not respect the manpage from OpenSSL and reject if q and m parameters are null ?
This is not the behavior describe by this API.

I seen that in the tests/api.c/static void test_wolfSSL_EC(void) only one test is done and this test perform a variable point multiplication not a fixed point multiplication with G
    /* perform point multiplication */
    AssertIntEQ(EC_POINT_mul(group, new_point, NULL, Gxy, k, ctx), WOLFSSL_SUCCESS);

This is equivalent to Q = G * n + q * m with n = 0 => Q = q * m = Gxy * k
But notest with the case q = 0 and m = 0 to do the simple Q = G * n computation

An by the way, why the API EC_POINT_set_affine_coordinate is not implemented and only the EC_POINT_get_affine_coordinate is implemented ?
I read (https://www.wolfssl.com/wolfssls-openssl-compatibility/) that wolfSSL not implements all the openSSL interfaces, and that interfaces are added following the needs. Maybe it could be interesting to add the EC_POINT_set_affine_coordinate. In my case it could be interesting to load the public part Q(x,y) that is in affine coordinates into an EC_POINT type that use the projective coordinates form (X,Y,Z) and then using this point with the ECC_key structure.

Have a nice day.

Regards
Seb

Hello all,

Happy new year and best wishes to all the community.

I have a question about the OpenSSL interface API and the function ECC_POINT_mul.

It seems that the behavior of this function is not conform with the OpenSSL requirements.
Following the manpage

https://www.openssl.org/docs/manmaster/ … T_mul.html

"EC_POINT_mul is a convenient interface to EC_POINTs_mul: it calculates the value generator * n + q * m and stores the result in r. The value n may be NULL in which case the result is just q * m (variable point multiplication). Alternatively, both q and m may be NULL, and n non-NULL, in which case the result is just generator * n (fixed point multiplication).[...]"

But in the code of WolfSSL the wolfSSL_EC_POINT_mul (here from v4.1.0) not follows this requirement and stop the processing.

if (group == NULL || r == NULL || r->internal == NULL ||
        q == NULL || q->internal == NULL || m == NULL) {
        WOLFSSL_MSG("wolfSSL_EC_POINT_mul NULL error");
        return WOLFSSL_FAILURE;
    }

In my case I try to do a Q = d * G point multiplication to generate a public key.
So only the group [group], the result variable [r] and the private scalar [d] are necessary.

You could see this type of usage with the JOSE librairy from CISCO which use OpenSSL interface to perform cryptographic computing like:
        if (1 != EC_POINT_mul(params, Q, bnD, NULL, NULL, NULL))
        {
            CJOSE_ERROR(err, CJOSE_ERR_NO_MEMORY);
            goto create_EC_failed;
        }

Into the OpenSSL implementation, this function follows the requirement of the manpage without filtering (here from openSSL master repository)

int EC_POINT_mul(const EC_GROUP *group, EC_POINT *r, const BIGNUM *g_scalar,
                 const EC_POINT *point, const BIGNUM *p_scalar, BN_CTX *ctx)
{
    /* just a convenient interface to EC_POINTs_mul() */

const EC_POINT *points[1];
    const BIGNUM *scalars[1];

points[0] = point;
    scalars[0] = p_scalar;

return EC_POINTs_mul(group, r, g_scalar,
                         (point != NULL
                          && p_scalar != NULL), points, scalars, ctx);
}

Can you confirm this difference and explains the reason ?
Have you ever meet this problem by using the JOSE implementation from CISCO and WolfSSL ?

Thanks to all for your help.

Hello,

I try to perform a verify of a RSA-PSS signature.

To do that I use the following as seen in a example test

+ wc_RsaPSS_Verify_ex() => seems to use to decrypt the signature and extract the PSS padding
+ wc_RsaPSS_CheckPadding_ex() => to check the PSS padding

My question is:

Is my understanding is the right one ? wc_RsaPSS_Verify_ex() is used to decrypt and extract the padding only or it check the padding too ?
So if the check of the padding is done by this API what is the goal of  wc_RsaPSS_CheckPadding_ex() ?

My other question is that I have seen the following flyers about the stack / heap rerssources.
https://www.wolfssl.com/files/flyers/wo … ce_use.pdf

I use a v3.14 of the wolf and it seems that WOLFSSL_SMALL_STACK is only used in the case of OAEP padding. So can you confirm the stack size provided by this flyer ?

Thanks for your help

Sorry after some research I have found wc_RsaKeyToPublicDer() which seems to do the job.

Hello,

I'm new on the forum and a new user of WolfSSL.

Currently I try to encode a RAW RSA public key (n and e) to a DER format. I have seen the API named
WOLFSSL_API int wc_RsaKeyToDer( RsaKey *      , byte *      output, word32      inLen );

The doc indicate
"This function converts an RsaKey key to DER format. The result is written to output and it returns the number of bytes written."

So it seems to be a good candaidate to do what I want.

But (and this is my question):

If I fill the RsaKey structure with my RAW public key only, the résulting DER encoding will be only formatted for a public key or an error will be occur or DER bytes for private key will be present too ?

Thanks for your help.

Sebastien