Hi, just making sure these questions haven't gone unnoticed.

I ran the command ./examples/client/client -e.
Indeed AES256-SHA is in the output, however, if I perform in python context.set_ciphers("AES256-SHA") or  context.set_ciphers("TLS-RSA-WITH-AES-256-CBC-SHA") I still get the error:

wolfssl.exceptions.SSLError: Unnable to set cipher list

Maybe I misunderstood.

I thought i simply needed to build WolfSSL by performing:
./configure CPPFLAGS=-DWOLFSSL_STATIC_RSA --prefix=/wherever/wolfssl/install/is/  && make install
and continuing as regular with the installation (as in the README).

What does it mean to add a macro to the build? How can I do this? What do I need to do? (Again sorry for my lacking C knowledge).

In the meantime, I will check "./examples/client/client -e"

Update:
I installed wolfssl-3.12.0-stable and managed to compile it with the flag you recommended.
I then performed python setup.py on the python wrapper.
Made sure to create a virtual environment in python that can see the wolfssl package (checked by running python console, importing wolfssl and printing wolfssl.__about__)
Everything up to here worked. However, again context.set_ciphers() did not work. No matter what I tried.
I want my server to be able to use the following suite: TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA

Hi,
For some reason, when I perform pip install i constantly get:
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'req'
However, when I install wolfssl 0.1.2 from pycharm, it seems to install.
Digging through the files, I found the configure file, however, it did not let me perform the command specified as it didn't have permissions (even when run with sudo). I should note that this was run from a virtual environment.

Hi Jacob, thanks for the quick reply!
Is there some function with the python wrapper I can use to enable this configuration?
I haven’t gotten too familiar with the C code, and to be frank, I’m not the best when it comes to C ahah…
If there isn’t such an option then of-course i will try this.
To clarify, I simply need to add the macro to the C code and then compile it?
Thank you!

Hi,
I am working on a university project trying to understand previous versions of WolfSSL. Specifically WolfSSL 0.1.2.
I am currently working with python 2.7 (since the build for was depreciated in python3) in a Linux enviornment.
I ran simple client-server codes to play with and see how things work and everything was fine.
As part of my project, I want to check specifically communication with the cipher suite TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA.
I tried using the context.set_ciphers() function on the server-side, and in various ways, and nothing worked.
When I say nothing worked, I get the error:
`wolfssl.exceptions.SSLError: Unnable to set cipher list`
At first, I thought that it maybe is not supported in this version of WolfSSL, but when analyzing the communication that did work, I saw that Server Hello sent TLS-ECDHE-RSA-WITH-AES-256-GCM-SHA384. I tried using set_cipher() on this, expecting everything to work since it was what the server used by default, however I got the same error.
Thank you in advance.