(3 replies, posted in wolfSSL)

Hello,

I'm working on a library that is supposed to be usable on a great number of platforms so the maximum amount of memory I can use really depends on which platform the library will be built for, but as said before something around 6-8kB would be reasonable, thats the amount of memory I've been able to use with MbedTLS, the reason I want to use wolfSSL is because of the DTLS 1.3 availability
Also I will handle both sides of the connection so I figured out the most efficient way to reduce memory usage is to reduce the maximum record size but as said in the previous post I did not manage to find how to do it

Since my targets will mostly be embedded devices I want to avoid dynamic allocation and instead provide a static buffer during initialization

Regards,

(3 replies, posted in wolfSSL)

Hello,

I am trying to reduce the memory usage of wolfssl in my application, I use PSKs with chacha poly with DTLS 1.3, the end goal is to make it run on embedded devices
I provide wolfSSL with a memory block through the wc_LoadStaticMemory function but I'm unable to provide a block with a "reasonable" size (meaning around 6 to 8kB) the least I can provide it without wolfssl complaining about a lack of memory is around 90 000 bytes
I'm building wolfSSL with CMake and I have tried using the defines specified here https://www.wolfssl.com/documentation/m … code-usage but it never changed anything
I also tried defining MAX_RECORD_SIZE to a lower value (1500) but contrary to what is stated in the documentation MAX_RECORD_SIZE is not a define, it is an enum, and as such redefining it breaks all the compilation
I think I went through most of the publicly available documentation but it did not help me, would anyone be able to help me here ?

Thanks