Topic: Sniffer Application memory leak/memory pool?

Hey all,
I noticed my sniffer application demonstrated the following behavior:
I commented out the "ProcessMessage" function, so essentially all i do is add sessions and remove them.
if I comment out (replace by NULL) the calls to SSL_new for session->sslClient/sslServer in the CreateSession method, I see the memory is dead on. however, if I enable the SSL_new in CreateSession, I notice the memory very slowly rising, and does not appear to be going down to the base level when I stop pushing traffic.

1. is it possible that there is a memory leak in SSL_free / SSL_new?
2. if not, are you using memory pooling with the SSL* objects? clearly I can look in the code, but I want to be sure - I ask because that could account for what I am seeing

thanks in advance,
Dan

Re: Sniffer Application memory leak/memory pool?

Update:
while I still suspect something, my experiment was flawed. I will update if anything comes up.

thanks and sorry for the false alarm.

Dan

Hey all,
Just to be clear - If there is any sort of memory pooling, I would appreciate it if you could let me know...

thanks ,
Dan

We do not using memory pools.

Which version (or GitHub commit) are you using? Are you doing any filtering of FIN packets, or are you allowing the sniffer (ssl_DecodePacket()) to process them. Our sniffer code releases the sniffer session when a FIN packet is received for a src/dst addr/port quad.