1 (edited by jal 2015-06-01 04:16:58)

Topic: Installing and Building Wolfssl with AOSP to run the Sample Java App

Hi there,
I want to use the Wolfssl with latest Android.
Where should i start with and which components i should use to manage it with java.

Which among the below components (downloaded from official website) are sufficiently required to include these in AOSP source code:
wolfssl-3.4.6.zip
wolfssl-jni-1.1.0.zip
cyassl-provider-android-0.1a/

I am looking for it on Internet but getting the different link for it which is quite confusing.
Please help.

Re: Installing and Building Wolfssl with AOSP to run the Sample Java App

Hi jal,

To use wolfSSL in a Android application, you'll want to download both wolfSSL-3.4.6.zip as well as wolfssl-jni-1.2.0.zip.  This provides you with both the native C library as well as the JNI bindings exposing the native library to a Java-based Android NDK application.

The CyaSSL Android SSL provider was something we experimented with several years back.  It's code is in "alpha" form, and future development will take place on wolfSSL JNI instead.

Best Regards,
Chris

Thanks Chris for your reply, i would be back to you i get messed up around while its application.

Hi all,

I am trying to build latest Android from Ice cream Sandwich to Lollipop with WolfSSL as an alternate SSL provider to Open SSL.
I have gone through the old article of installing CyaSSL as alternate SSL provider. I tried to use CyaSSL with Icecream Sandwich but ended up in lots of errors.

It will be helpful for many if you can post similar whitepaper to replace Open SSL with your WolfSSL in latest Android version particularly from Ice Cream Sandwich onwards.

My real intention is to replace AES crypto algorithm with our own algorithm developed in house, Though we know its not best thing but due to some reasons we have to use our own Algorithm rather than using known algorithm.

Regards,
Kannan

Hi Kannan,

I will add this to our list of requested features / documentation.

-Kaleb

Thanks Mr Kaleb,

I am expecting this document very eagerly as there are many such request at various forums.
This document will help many to use wolfssl instead of OpenSSL in their custom made ROM's for Android.

Kannan

Hi Kannan,

Do you need to install wolfSSL as an SSL provider at the OS-level in Android, or can you use it at the application level?  Most of our current development regarding using wolfSSL with Android is now being done on our "wolfSSL JNI" product/wrapper.  This allows your application to use wolfSSL from Java.  You can find the wolfSSL JNI manual here:

https://www.wolfssl.com/documentation/w … Manual.pdf

And download it from our website here:

https://wolfssl.com/wolfSSL/Products-wolfssljni.html

Best Regards,
Chris

Hi Kaleb & Chris,

Sorry I was bit travelling and struck in another project to reply back. I haven't gone through the links forwarded by Chris, I will do it immediately and revert if any.

To clarify the questions asked by Chris

I would like to install wolfSSL as alternate SSL Provider at the OS-level in Android so that any future application development as well as existing application can utilise it. I don't want it to be restricted to future developing APPS, existing APPS which were already installed should use also this.

Also I would like to mention that I wanted to add our own encryption algorithm in to it, we have made our algorithm using jce approach but can be made in any other language and standards if required.

I have checked in many forums and found that many are in need for similar requirement. Please share some resources so that it can benefit many.

Best regards
Kanann