Topic: [SOLVED] TI-RTOS Integration w/ ver. 2.16.00.08?

Hello,

I'm wondering what the state of integration of WolfSSL with TI-RTOS is with the latest release of 2.16.00.08?

Specifically, the HTTPS examples provided by TI no longer include wolfssl and do not use the wolfssl APIs it seems.
Is it still being used behind the scenes?

I'm currently building with 2.14.04.31 and am hesitant to "upgrade" to the latest TI-RTOS due to having already built a project around that version's HTTP client + wolfssl integration.

(I know there was another thread recently that mentioned this but it didn't answer my questions here.)

Thank you,
Subhash

Re: [SOLVED] TI-RTOS Integration w/ ver. 2.16.00.08?

Hi Subhash,

I am looking into this and will get back to you as soon as I have any information.

Regards,

Kaleb

Hi Subhash,

I have checked both the release notes for the version and the wiki page here:
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php … th_TI-RTOS

From what I can tell there is no change other than the wolfSSL+TI-RTOS libraries can now be built with the .mak in <wolfssl_root>/tirtos and no longer have to be built with the .mak in C:\ti\tirtos_tivac_xxxxxxx\tirtos.mak

I am working to confirm this is the case and will let you know as soon as I find out.

Regards,

Kaleb

Hi Subhash,

The following is the response from Texas Instruments:

Hi Kaleb,

We have added a new TLS module which supports multiple SSL stacks that TI supports including WolfSSL. This module is in a sub product ns_1_11_00_10  under TI-RTOS/products. The release notes of the sub-product documents the change.

Yes, the wiki “Using wolfSSL with TI-RTOS” still states the v2.14.04.31 as we still document the steps for building libraries for older wolfSSL using older TI-RTOS.

- End quote from TI

I hope this helps in your decision making process.

Regards,

Kaleb

Thanks for the quick response!
I appreciate the help.

I'll probably stick with the older TI-RTOS version for now.