Topic: Meaning of error code -213

I connected to the Apple site but  I got error code -213 back. Manual says "MAC comparison failed"

I loaded a certificate into the buffer and the program was successful until  these messages:

Client Hello sent
***FATAL ERROR*** NO AUTH
SSL_connect failed
Error = -213

Can someone provide details on this error, please?

2 (edited by Kaleb J. Himes 2016-11-01 15:22:29)

Re: Meaning of error code -213

Hi will,

This error code is only ever returned in wc_ChaCha20Poly1305_Decrypt API. It looks like you agreed on a chacha20 poly1305 cipher suite and got a decrypt error.

Could you tell us which certificate you loaded and which "Apple site" you are connecting to so we can try to re-produce the issue?

My first suspicion is that perhaps you loaded an RSA certificate and connected with an ECC based cipher or vise versa, but it's hard to tell with so few details. Please provide the requested info and we'll try to help you with your issue.

Kind Regards,

Kaleb

***** Correction****

Hi Kaleb;
I see now that the error code -213 is actually an  error codes of CYASSL (code that I may convert to WOLFSSL) and is not the WOLFSSL error code.

The CYASSL error code is -213 meaning "recvd alert fatal error.". This must be equivalent to the wolfssl code -313. This happened after "Client Hello Sent" message. Sorry about the confusion and bad post.
I notice some posts related to the error -313. I will see how they relate to my connection issue.

Thanks for taking the time to post .

Hi will,

No problem or need to apologize! Once you've had a chance to look at the other posts, if you solve your issue please reply to this thread with which post helped and perhaps a link. If not let us know which version of CyaSSL you're working with, which server you're connecting to, and which certificate you're loading. If we can re-produce the issue, we can find a resolution to it.

Thanks for using the wolfSSL forums!

Regards,

Kaleb