Topic: [SOLVED] How to check current session already invalid or not??

Hi,
   is there any wolfSSL API used for check current session is invalid or not?
   During TLS communication, sometime we need to resume session, but how can we know current session is invalid or not?

I found there have one function name is wolfSSL_get_session_stats(), but its parameter is not related current SSL(WOLFSSL* type), and macro WOLFSSL_SESSION_STATS is not enabled for most scenarios.

is it possible to give me any suggestion and sample code??

Thank you.

Re: [SOLVED] How to check current session already invalid or not??

Hi cxdinter,

During TLS communication, sometime we need to resume session, but how can we know current session is invalid or not?

The way this is accomplished is by calling wolfSSL_get_session on the ssl object. This will return a WOLFSSL_SESSION* effectively  saving the session. Then the next time you need to resume a session you would call wolfSSL_set_session with the ssl object and the saved session to resume the session. If an error code is returned that would serve as the validity check you mentioned.

The API's are:

/* returns a WOLFSSL_SESSION object on sucess or NULL on failure */
WOLFSSL_SESSION* wolfSSL_get_session(WOLFSSL* ssl);

/* returns SSL_SUCESS on success or SSL_FAILURE on failure */
int wolfSSL_set_session(WOLFSSL* ssl, WOLFSSL_SESSION* session);

Those API's wrap the internal API's "GetSession" and "SetSession" that are not exposed for external linking. Example code to look at would be in <wolfssl-root>/src/internal.c, the function "ProcessOldClientHello". When we are doing a resume session internally we use the internal API's "GetSession" and "SetSession", you would use a similar process but call the API wrapper functions "wolfSSL_get_session" and "wolfSSL_set_session" instead.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Warm Regards,

Kaleb

Re: [SOLVED] How to check current session already invalid or not??

Hi Kaleb,
    I got it.
    thank you!