Topic: How do you see the futur of wolfSSL ?

Hello all,

I knew WolfSSL since 3 weeks and I find this tool usefull.
But how do you see the futur of WolfSSL ? A lot of update, the community in upgrade or not or a little update and a dead community ?

I hope it will be the first choice my friends !

Thanks in advance,
SuperSnatch.

Re: How do you see the futur of wolfSSL ?

Hi supersnatch,

wolfSSL has been around since 2006 and we are not going anywhere anytime soon. wolfSSL started out as SawTooth consulting and our co-founder and CTO created the product "yaSSL" which stood for "yet another SSL". yaSSL was written entirely from scratch and based on no other existing SSL implementation. It was written in C++ for MySQL use.

Since that time there was high demand in the embedded space for an SSL solution so our co-founder and CTO re-wrote yaSSL a second time, from the ground up, in the C language. He called it "CyaSSL" this time for "yet another SSL written in C". We re-branded the product in 2014 to wolfSSL and here we are today.

wolfSSL, on average, puts out a new release every 3 months, or 4 releases per year. Occasionally we will do interim releases if a particular feature is in high demand and we want to get it to market as soon as possible. wolfSSL currently has more engineers focused on SSL/TLS than any other security company and we are an Engineer based company!

wolfSSL employs, on average, 2 engineers for every sales / admin employee. Our company goal is to always provide the latest and support the latest that anyone else is working on. Please follow our blog for more info! https://www.wolfssl.com/wolfSSL/Blog/Blog.html

All of this sums up to... (To put it in your words): "A lot of update" and the community in upgrade!

Warm Regards,

Kaleb and the wolfSSL Team