Topic: Client authentication in wolfSSL added (from old forums)

charlesxu

[Avatar]
      2007-02-28 02:30:47 UTC
      Hi,

Does wolfSSL embedded SSL support the optional authenticating the client to the server? Is there any plan to implement it soon if it doesn't.

Thanks
      Charles
      touskaProject Admin

[Avatar]
      2007-03-01 23:51:04 UTC
      wolfSSL doesn't support client certificate authentication. The basic reason is to keep the size small, yaSSL does support this feature. The other reason is that it's usually much simpler to just do a challenge/response once the handshake is complete. If it's important I can probably add the basics of the feature as a build option.

Regards,
      Todd
      charlesxu

[Avatar]
      2007-03-02 17:58:56 UTC
      I am involved in a project of using security connection for client provisioning. It's crucial that the server be able to auhenticate the client. Other features required are DN verification and chained certificates validation.

Thanks
      Charles
      panpipi

[Avatar]
      2007-03-07 19:12:47 UTC
      Coincidently I also involved in a project that needs server to authenticate clients and requires DN verification and chained certificate validation.

Peter
      moises_phoebus

[Avatar]
      2007-10-18 12:54:20 UTC
      It is important to my project... can you add this feature as a build option like you said?
      touskaProject Admin

[Avatar]
      2007-10-23 18:43:23 UTC
      OK, after I finish OpenVPN and stunnel support I'll add client certificate authentication as my next free project for wolfSSL.
      touskaProject Admin

[Avatar]
      2007-10-29 23:27:25 UTC
      OK, I've checked in initial client authentication support for wolfSSL. It's available from CVS. Feel free to test and let me know what you think.