1 (edited by connie.carey 2017-02-17 09:31:05)

Topic: problems with AlreadySigner function call

I am going through the process of establishing a connection and when the function AlreadySigner is called my system hangs specially on the line "signers = cm->caTable[row]".  Has anyone had a similar problem?  Any ideas what may be happening?  thx

I am the client and here are my function calls:
   wolfSSL_CTX_new - which calls wolfSSL_Init and I'm assigning method to wolfSSLv23_client_method()

wolfSSL_CTX_load_verify_locations - in this function my system hangs with the above issue

Re: problems with AlreadySigner function call

Hi connie.carey,

The most common reason for undefined behavior, unexplained hangs, or crashes is usually a failure to have the same settings in the application as were used when building the wolfSSL library. If working with auto tools on a *NIX based system (mac or linux) please make sure to:

#include <wolfssl/options.h>

in the application. If building on windows please make sure to copy/paste the file <wolfssl-root>/IDE/WIN/user_settings.h into your application and:

#include "user_settings.h"

in your application.

Best,

Kaleb

Thank you for replying ...

I compiled the wolfSSL for the Nucleus microprocessor.  I believe it is/was compiled with the right settings.  I checked the include files you mention and it all seems correct. 

It has also been suggested that I increase the stack size.  I have tried that as well and still run into the crash/system reset. 

I was hoping someone has seen this issue before and had some insight because I have really hit a wall with this one.

Hi connie.carey,

I am so sorry this went so long unanswered, we had a couple trade shows the last two months and I missed your latest response.

I noticed you said in your last you are building on a Nucleus micro and the hang was stemming from wolfSSL_CTX_load_verify_locations. Does the Nucleus device have a file system? If not you should be using:

wolfSSL_CTX_load_verify_buffer instead and your certificate should be placed in a buffer like we do in <wolfssl-root>/wolfssl/certs_test.h

Regards,

Kaleb