Topic: MQX Projects

Hi,

I'm trying to build the MQX 4.1 K70 projects using CodeWarrior 10.6.4 that are included in the wolfssl-3.10.2.zip package.  I can't find "fsl_common.h" anywhere. Where should this file be?  In the end, what I really need is to run wolfssl in an MQX 4.2 K65 project.

Thanks,
-Mike

Re: MQX Projects

Hi Mike,

When we created those projects, the "fsl_common.h" header was included as part of the system headers from Freescale.  It's possible that this header has been renamed/removed/changed.  I'll add it to our internal engineering list to circle back and look into why this may have been.

Do you need to stick with classic MQX for your project?  wolfSSL also supports the newer KSDK and KDS, and ships with the KSDK download from Freescale/NXP.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris,

There's been too much time invested in the project to change it now.  I don't see "fsl_common.h" referenced in cyassl.  I searched through the Freescale folders and did not find it anywhere.

Are the crypto hardware accelerators of the K70 being utilized in wolfssl 3.10.2?

Thanks,
-Mike

Hi Mike,

The K70 provides the mmCAU module for hardware-based cryptography acceleration.  wolfSSL supports offloading into the mmCAU when FREESCALE_MMCAU has been defined.

We have some additional info related to hardware acceleration on Kinetis located on the following page, including some benchmarks comparing software vs. hardware performance:

https://www.wolfssl.com/wolfSSL/wolfssl-freescale.html

Best Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Further investigation shows that these projects were probably written using KDS and KSDK.  Both "fsl_common.h" and "cau_api.h" from #define FREESCALE_MMCAU in settings.h are found in the KSDK folders.  I did get the last cyassl from GitHub to build and run in CodeWarrior but not with the mmCAU.

Is there a Codewarrior compatible set of files?  CW is mentioned in the README.

Thanks,
-Mike