Topic: initial compiling WolfSSL into current Keil ARM project

I am compiling the WolfSSL code into my current project to see how a few functions perform.  I'm getting a few compile errors.

Where is <pthread.h>?  It's not in the WolfSSL folders or in my Windows folders.  Reference is in wc_port.h.

Sutton

Re: initial compiling WolfSSL into current Keil ARM project

I got this error resolved, but now compiler looking for 'dirent'h'.   Which directives do I need to incorporate just ParseCert() as a function test into my own code?  The only one I have defined is SINGLE_THREADED right now.

Hi dodge55,

Do you have a file system on your device (SD card?)?

If so please try using the define NO_WOLFSSL_DIR to resolve this issue.

If you have no file system then you can define the higher-level controller for that include NO_FILESYSTEM

Best Regards,

Kaleb

Kaleb,

What directive do I need to include to get rid of the "unistd.h" not found error message?  This is also a file not found in the WolfSSL folders.

I have my own TCP stack, so is there a simple set of directives that I should include in my user_settings.h file for my application?  It seems there are a lot of directives, but some are not included on your documentation page.  So, it's not easy to figure out which ones are needed or not.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of modularity to the library.  To compile even with using only one function tends to have to include virtually every .c and .h file, because the code is so intertwined.   It would be really nice to have a way to use only certain functionality without having to import the entire code space.

Also, is there a simple SMTP client test function?  I couldn't find one.  It would be nice to test to see how that is implemented in your code.  Other vendors have test functions that do that.  Which is what my application needs.

Sutton

Hi dodge55,

wolfSSL has ported to many devices and has settings for each in the file <wolf-root>/wolfssl/wolfcrypt/settings.h where you would uncomment the device your are building on if it is included in the list. If your device is not in the list, we also have a comprehensive porting guide for porting to new devices! That guide can be found here: https://wolfssl.com/wolfSSL/Docs-wolfss … guide.html

Warm Regards,

Kaleb