Topic: [SOLVED] wolfSSL 3.12.0 with STM32F2

Hello,

When trying to compile wolfSSL to my project I get an error in aes.c file pointing to CRYP_AES_GCM function.
I have the latest standard peripheral library for STM32F2 and it seems the function don't exist in the library, it exist in STM32F4 library though.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thank in advance.
Best regards.

Re: [SOLVED] wolfSSL 3.12.0 with STM32F2

Hello again,

Some update on the issue.
According to STM32F4 reference manual this function (CRYP_AES_GCM) is available only for STM32F42xxx and STM32F43xxx processors. It's not available for other STM32F4 series, as they don't have GCM algorithm mode implemented in HW.
And, as I understand, it's not available for STM32F2 series as well.

Best regards.

Hi andrey.ribalko,

Thanks for the report.  I'll make a note of this internally and see if we can look getting this resolved.  Are you able to get the rest of the hardware crypto integration working on your STM32F2?

Thanks,
Chris

Hello,
Thanks for the fast reply.

I had working application with wolfSSL-3.9.10 and was able to use various ciphers with AES_GCM.
With the new 3.12.0 version I can use AES_CBC instead, but that's not what I need.

Best regards.

Hi Andrey,

My name is David Garske and I'm one of the wolfSSL engineers. I'm working on resolving this issue now. I agree the STM32F2 doesn't support hardware accelerated AES GCM. I'll post an updated with a pull request link shortly.

Thanks,
David Garske, wolfSSL

Hi Andrey,

I pushed a few changes to a branch for you to try. I am working on integrating this with another PR to add STM32 CubeMX hashing support. That should be pushed later today.

For now you can find the commit with this fix here:
https://github.com/dgarske/wolfssl/comm … 57d1b36491

The patch is attached. Let me know your results.

Thanks,
David Garske, wolfSSL

Post's attachments

stm32_aesgcm.diff 2.05 kb, 1 downloads since 2017-08-23 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hello,

Thanks, David.
It seems OK.
Thank you for the help.

Best regards.