Topic: SSL Tutorial Run time error

I have downloaded and compiled Cyassl embedded SSL on my computer. And I downloaded the tutorial file SSL_Tutorial, but when I run the "echoserver"  it shows the error message below:

kevin@kevin-MacBook:~/Desktop/SSL_Tutorial/finished_src/echoserver$ ./echoserver
./echoserver: error while loading shared libraries: libcyassl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What should I do to solve this problem?
Thank you so much

Re: SSL Tutorial Run time error

Hi Kevin,

What version of CyaSSL are you using the tutorial with?

./echoserver: error while loading shared libraries: libcyassl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This error occurs when the OS can't find the necessary shared library at runtime.  This could be caused by several things depending on what version of CyaSSL you were using.

1.  I just updated the SSL Tutorial (Makefiles, source files, etc.) to work with our newest versions of CyaSSL (2.0.2).  Beginning with our 2.0.0rc3 release, the default installation locations were changed for CyaSSL.  Please try downloading the most current version of the SSL Tutorial, now up at http://www.yassl.com/documentation/ssl-tutorial-2.0.zip.

2.  If you are still getting the error after updating to the newest SSL Tutorial version, make sure your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable is set correctly to point to where the CyaSSL libraries are installed (/usr/local/lib in CyaSSL 2.0.2).

Linux:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib

Mac:

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib

Does this help?

Regards,
Chris

Re: SSL Tutorial Run time error

chrisc wrote:

Hi Kevin,

What version of CyaSSL are you using the tutorial with?

This error occurs when the OS can't find the necessary shared library at runtime.  This could be caused by several things depending on what version of CyaSSL you were using.

1.  I just updated the SSL Tutorial (Makefiles, source files, etc.) to work with our newest versions of CyaSSL (2.0.2).  Beginning with our 2.0.0rc3 release, the default installation locations were changed for CyaSSL.  Please try downloading the most current version of the SSL Tutorial, now up at http://www.yassl.com/documentation/ssl-tutorial-2.0.zip.

2.  If you are still getting the error after updating to the newest SSL Tutorial version, make sure your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable is set correctly to point to where the CyaSSL libraries are installed (/usr/local/lib in CyaSSL 2.0.2).

Linux:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib

Mac:

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib

Does this help?

Regards,
Chris

THank you so much!!!!!!!!!!
I have tried and solved the problem.