Topic: Error building wolfs 3.1.5 on MacOSX v10.13.5 (High Sierra)

With Xcode Version 9.4 (9F1027a)

get the following error:

sh-3.2# make install
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -j9  install-am
make[2]: warning: -jN forced in submake: disabling jobserver mode.
/bin/sh /Users/balson/wolfssl-3.15.0/build-aux/install-sh -d /usr/local/bin
/bin/sh: /Users/balson/wolfssl-3.15.0/build-aux/install-sh: No such file or directory
build-aux/install-sh -c -d '/usr/local/share/doc/wolfssl'
build-aux/install-sh -c -d '/usr/local/share/doc/wolfssl/example'
//usr/bin/install -c -m 644 certs/taoCert.txt doc/README.txt '/usr/local/share/doc/wolfssl'
//usr/bin/install -c -m 644 examples/benchmark/tls_bench.c examples/client/client.c examples/echoclient/echoclient.c examples/echoserver/echoserver.c examples/server/server.c examples/sctp/sctp-server.c examples/sctp/sctp-server-dtls.c examples/sctp/sctp-client.c examples/sctp/sctp-client-dtls.c '/usr/local/share/doc/wolfssl/example'
make[2]: *** [install-generic-config] Error 127
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make: *** [install] Error 2

If anyone has a clue as to what change I need to make to get this to install, please let me know.

Thanks, Jim

Re: Error building wolfs 3.1.5 on MacOSX v10.13.5 (High Sierra)

Hi Jim,

After doing a quick search to find out more about that error code, I found this article (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/363 … -error-127) on stack overflow.

Could you maybe post your configure command that you used prior to running make & make install?

Thank you!

Thanks. I don't recall what options I passed to configure. However, I did get this to install locally rather than in /usr/local. Which is what I prefer anyway. So I think I'm good for the moment.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Glad to hear that it started working out for you! And just in case, if you did want to install to a different directory from the default directory that wolfSSL installs to, then all that's needed is to specify that directory while running the "configure" script. An example would look like this:

$ ./configure --prefix=/home/alex/some_directory/

Please let us know if you have any other questions at all.

Thank you!
Alex Abrahamson