Topic: wolfssl on STM32

i am new to stm32 and wolfcrypt. i would like to add this library into px4 board and ardupilot source code for encryption and decryption purposes. how  can i embedd the library inside ardupilot and what are the possible methods for embedding ssl library inot stm32 board.

Re: wolfssl on STM32

Hi naveen,

Thanks for your interest in our library. The project sounds interesting. Overall its pretty easy, since its all c code and GPLv2.

See these resources:
* wolfSSL Porting Guide: https://www.wolfssl.com/docs/porting-guide/
* wolfSSL FAQ: https://www.wolfssl.com/docs/frequently … tions-faq/

Let us know if you have any issues or questions.

Thanks,
David Garske, wolfSSL

hey David Garske,

i am getting a conflict declaration of C function 'char*' getcwd(char*, size_t)' as error and coudnt find a way to solve this. the gcc compiler for ardupilot is a c++ one and wolfssl is written in c. is there something i am missing here? would greatly appreaciate your help.

Hi naveen,

Our wolfSSL/wolfCrypt library does not have any references to "getcwd". Can you provide additional details as to where you are seeing that error? It sounds like a C stdlib issue with the ardupilot project and your compiler.

Thanks,
David Garske, wolfSSL

HI David Garske,
thank you , i was able to figure this one by changing few ardupilot code but now got an error as follows

error: ' pthread_mutex_t' does not name a type typdef pthread_mutex_t wolfssl_mutex;

this comes from wc_port.h file. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Naveen,

By default we have threading support enabled and defaults to pthread. You can define NO_FILESYSTEM to disable it.

I recommend setting up your own build configuration file called "user_settings.h" and defining a single global pre-processor macro WOLFSSL_USER_SETTINGS. Then you can manage all your build settings in one place. In your user application make sure you include wolfssl/wolfcrypt/settings.h before any other wolf headers. We have a section on this in the FAQ link previously sent.

Thanks,
David Garske, wolfSSL