Topic: Compile cURL against wolfSSL

Hello,

i am trying to compile cURL against wolfSSL (both newest versions) on windows , but I get a linker error saying:

2>    wolfssl.lib(sha256.obj) :
 Es wurde ein mit /GL kompiliertes MSIL .netmodule oder module gefunden. Verknüpfung wird mit /LTCG erneut gestartet. Fügen Sie /LTCG zur Linkbefehlszeile hinzu, um die Linkerleistung zu erhöhen.

2>    libcurl.lib(curl_ntlm_core.obj) : 
error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_wolfSSL_DES_ecb_encrypt".

I added /LTCG to the linker options, which removes the first line, but it doesn't fix the unresolved symbol.

I build wolfssl statically using build-wolfssl.bat which is already bundled with cURL.  Then I generated the visual studio project files for cURL and chose the preset "LIB Release - LIB wolfSSL".
I get no such linker error when using openSSL.
I am not sure if did something wrong in the build process or if there is an error in the implementation.

Used versions:
curl-7.71.1-master
wolfssl-4.4.0

Thanks for helping,

Markus

Re: Compile cURL against wolfSSL

Hi Markus,

It looks like you just need to add `--enable-des3 CFLAGS="-DWOLFSSL_DES_ECB"` to your ./configure call when building and installing wolfSSL.

Thanks,
David Garske, wolfSSL

Re: Compile cURL against wolfSSL

> i am trying to compile cURL against wolfSSL (both newest versions) on windows

Which build method do you use when you build curl? This build failure looks related to a recent change in curl to allow it to enable NTLM powered by wolfSSL...