Topic: SFTP server without filesystem

Hello Everyone,

I succeeded in implementing an SSH server based on wolfssh on my embedded system without filesystem.
Now I am trying to add SFTP feature to it.

Is it possible to implement SFTP server based on wolfssh without a filesystem too ?

Thank you.

Re: SFTP server without filesystem

Hi yass007

Certainly it is possible, just not currently implemented. You would need to add functionality for all the operations in order for standardized clients to connect properly. Alternatively, you could integrate a ramdisk that already has filesystem support.

3 (edited by yass007 2021-05-18 03:14:13)

Thank you for your reply Sir.

Now I am trying to create an SFTP server on my device running on FreeRtos and FAT filesystm.
I found problem in port.h . Is there any FAT filesystem or FreeRtos Define that should be activated to activate other FAT filesystem defines( like WREMOVE, WRENAME,WRMDIR ...) ?

thank you again for your time .

wolfSSH does not currently support FreeRTOS. If you are interested in opening a feature request to have us add support, please send an email to facts @ wolfssl.com

Thank you for your reply sir.
I will change to another RTOS then.
but How about FAT filesystem ?

The callback is written for the API you are using. wolfSSH doesn't care about the filesystem you are using. By default, the callback uses POSIX file I/O (fopen(), fread(), fwrite()) or the Win32 file I/O.