Topic: New platform configuration fails ( LPT120A )

Hi,

I'm trying to build a static library and link it to a new, not officially supported platform - the LPT120 WiFi module from HiFlying (china)
This is an ARM-based MCU but it has an old, deprecated armv3m architecture. I'm not able to configure the wolfssl with a script due to -march-armv3m compilation flag. It stops immediately on the compiler checking... Am I able to work around this issue somehow ? Is it a good idea to just add sources to the module SDK build system (Makefile)? Can I omit the use of a configuration script? This WiFi module lacks many features so I'll probably get back with hundreds of further questions...

Re: New platform configuration fails ( LPT120A )

Hello eMKa94

Thanks for joining the forums. Here is a link to our porting guide:
https://www.wolfssl.com/docs/porting-guide/

You can specify the build environment using the config command:

GENERIC EXAMPLE:

./configure \
CC="/path/to/your/toolchain/toolchain-gcc" \
AR="/path/to/your/toolchain/toolchain-ar" \
AS="/path/to/your/toolchain/toolchain-gcc" \
RANLIB="/path/to/your/toolchain/toolchain-ranlib" \
LD="/path/to/your/toolchain/toolchain-ld" \
--host=<your host> \
<your other configure options here> \
CFLAGS="-mcpu=<your cpu definition here> \
<other cflags here>" \
LIBS="<libs>"

SPECIFIC EXAMPLE:

./configure \
CC="/usr/local/gcc_arm/gcc-arm-none-eabi-7-2017-q4-major/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" \
AR="/usr/local/gcc_arm/gcc-arm-none-eabi-7-2017-q4-major/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar" \
AS="/usr/local/gcc_arm/gcc-arm-none-eabi-7-2017-q4-major/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" \
RANLIB="/usr/local/gcc_arm/gcc-arm-none-eabi-7-2017-q4-major/bin/arm-none-eabi-ranlib" \
LD="/usr/local/gcc_arm/gcc-arm-none-eabi-7-2017-q4-major/bin/arm-none-eabi-ld" \
--host=arm-none-eabi \
--enable-aesgcm --enable-ecc \
CFLAGS="-mcpu=cortex-m4 \
-Os -specs=rdimon.specs"  \
LIBS="-Wl,--start-group -lm -lgcc -lc -lrdimon -Wl,--end-group"

Let us know if there are questions.

Thanks,
Eric @ wolfSSL Support