Topic: building in non-standard environment

I am in the process of porting wolfssl embedded SSL to an embedded device without a standard environment. I followed the documentation to put all the files in one directory. Also ../openssl was created and populated with .h files.

In "tls.c" there is a line of code #include "ssl.h"  ssl.h cannot be found in the current path and after looking at all the source code it can be found in ../openssl/ssl.h .  I can add this as an include in the build path.

I mention this because the directions specifically say to put openssl header files in the parent path so I expected that the source would be looking for "../openssl/ssl.h" and the other .h files.

Re: building in non-standard environment

In version 1.8 it looks like the purpose of you renaming the /ctaocrypt/include/ files to "ctc_xxxx.h" (ctc_aes.h) is so that we can now copy all the .h files into the same folder? we no longer need a ../openssl folder when building on non-standard environment?

Yes, that's correct.  We got rid of potential header name conflicts and now allow all the header files to be placed in one directory.  And none of the includes use a directory path.  We'll have to update the docs for the custom build section.  Sorry for the confusion.

excellent! thanks for the clarification

Did you ported this for the embedded device? Did you have any kind of OS on your embedded device?

I am also trying to port it to embedded device(OS less), I am facing problem of MP_8BIT and MP_16Bit macros. can you tell me how to resolve the MP-16Bit/MP_8BIT issues? my application is getting crashed during mp_init function.

I am using microchip's Pic32.

Vishal N