Topic: Issue while running wolfSSL server

Hi
I am very new to wolfSSL and trying spinoff the server on my host machine. I installed the 5.6.6 version and trying to run the server after following the initial setup steps. Now, I am seeing an error "wolfSSL error: can't load server cert file, check file and run from wolfSSL home dir". Could anyone help please provide a solution? I am running this on Mac OS.

Thank you in advance!

Re: Issue while running wolfSSL server

Hi Saurabh,

Make sure you are running our example server from your base wolfSSL directory, and not from inside of examples/server.  Your base wolfSSL directory has certs/, examples/ etc. inside of it.

Thanks,
Kareem

Thank you , I think that fixed it. But I am stuck with another issue. I am running the server example and the client is running on an embedded device. I start the connection with ping request from client to which host responds correctly. The real issue comes up when client sends a TCP packet to which server doesn't respond back and I can see the TCP Retransmission packets being sent to the server.

To narrow down the issue, I ran a dummy server by opening a socket on my host machine listening at the same IP and port. In this case, I can see the client getting the response back of TCP request so I am assuming Firewall might not be the issue here.

Please rebuild wolfSSL with --enable-debug defined and post debug logs of the server to help confirm what is going wrong.  Please also include your full wolfSSL build settings, ./configure line or user_settings.h.
Is your embedded client running wolfSSL, or something else?

I am using:

./configure --enable-cryptocb --disable-extended-master \
    --enable-psk --enable-aesccm --enable-jobserver=no \
    --disable-shared --enable-singlethreaded \
    --disable-sys-ca-certs

Also yes, the embedded client is running WolfSSL.

Logs attached herewith.

Thank you!

I am not seeing any attachments, please retry attaching your debug logs or contact us at support [AT] wolfssl [DOT] com for further assistance.