Re: Documentation for ESP32-S3

Hi Adam,

Oh, I see. One more change is needed. I will append the pull request.

That place where you edited the "FOUND_WOLFSSL"... add these two lines in the "if" that you just edited (the "set" and "return"):

if( FOUND_WOLFSSL )
            message(STATUS "Found WOLFSSL_ROOT via Environment Variable: ${CURRENT_SEARCH_DIR}")
            set(${OUTPUT_FOUND_WOLFSSL_DIRECTORY} ${CURRENT_SEARCH_DIR} PARENT_SCOPE)
            return()
        else()

I had not noticed that even when finding the environment variable, the logic kept looking anyhow. In may case, it would find wolfSSL, but not because of the environment variable, rather where it was in the parent directory tree.

The problem was the missing "return()" once the environment variable setting was confirmed to be a wolfssl directory.

The log should now look like this:

-- USERNAME = gojimmypi
-- THIS_USER = gojimmypi
-- ************************************************************************************************
-- wolfssl component config:
-- ************************************************************************************************
-- Starting FIND_WOLFSSL_DIRECTORY
-- Found WOLFSSL_ROOT via Environment Variable: C:/test/adam/wolfssl
-- NEW Found wolfssl directory at: C:/test/adam/wolfssl

Let's see if that works for you. Thank you so much for your patience. and persistence.

Cheers

Jim

27 (edited by AdamHeavens 2024-01-19 13:02:58)

Thank you, it is now able to open the project however I am not 100% sure the defines in user_settings.h are being taken into account as I have 265 build errors for things like, unable to find any EC curves.

static const int s_ec_curves_nids[] = {
            NID_X9_62_prime256v1,
            NID_secp256k1,
            NID_secp384r1,
            NID_secp521r1,
            NID_brainpoolP256r1,
            NID_brainpoolP384r1,
            NID_brainpoolP512r1 
        };

However I have the define HAVE_ECC, will investigate further as this may very well be a namespace or porting problem from openssl.

Thanks again for your support

Cheers

Adam

Hi Adam,

That's excellent! Glad we are making progress. Now onto the OpenSSL conversion:

Are you using the same user_settings.h that we were working with when you were using the PlatformIO environment:

https://github.com/gojimmypi/wolfssl/bl … settings.h

I'm able to add that to a sample project and build successfully. I assume the error you are seeing is occurring in your codebase, outside of wolfSSL? Any additional details would be helpful, although OpenSSL is not one of my specialties. I may need to reach out for additional help on that.

Best Regards,

Jim