Topic: RECORD_SIZE_LIMIT extension - RFC 8449

Hello

RFC 8449 from august 2018 describes the Record Size Limit Extension for TLS.
In its section 5, this RFC is indicating the MAX_FRAGMENT_LENGTH extension is deprecated and now, the new RECORD_SIZE_LIMIT extension should be used instead.

I am not sure but as far as I have been able to check in DTLS1.3 wolfSSL product  ... I found the MAX_FRAGMENT_LENGTH extension in wolfSSL product, but not the RECORD_SIZE_LIMIT one. At least I found something with SIZE_LIMIT in its name but it is a internal data and not something activable via specific flag like other extensions. So I suppose it is not corresponding to the  RECORD_SIZE_LIMIT extension.

So my questions :

Do I missed something and is the RECORD_SIZE_LIMIT extension already present in wolfSSL code ? If so, from which version ? And with which flag can I activate it ?

If not, is it planned to have this extension implemented in a future product version ? When would it be available ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

philipm

Re: RECORD_SIZE_LIMIT extension - RFC 8449

Hi philipm,

Thank you so much for reaching out.  My name is Anthony and I am a member of the wolfSSL team.  Can you please send this request to support@wolfssl.com? This will allow us to better track your issue.

Warm regards, Anthony

Hello Anthony

I just posted the question to support@wolfssl.com as requested.

Regards.

Thanks philipm,
We can continue the conversation there.  The short answer is it is not supported yet.  Please stay tuned to email for a response from support@wolfssl.com.
Warm regards, Anthony

I had the same question / request.

My use-case is mostly making the record sizes smaller if this can be negotiated.

Hello likewise,
Can you please send a message to support@wolfssl.com noting your interest in this feature? 
Thanks and warm regards, Anthony