Topic: WolfSSL License

Hi Team,

I want to know the WolfSSL terms and conditions when we are using this in Microchip PIC32 Harmony. I want to support for the HTTPs feature in PIC32, glad to know that its possible with wolfssl library support.

Since its a GPL license I would like to know how affectively I can use this and also if I use the stack and no modification of stack, is that necessary to post back the stack?

If yes, what could be the alternate solution.

Kindly share the needful information. Awaiting for your response.

Best regards,
Prabhu.

Re: WolfSSL License

Hi Prabhu,

Our Microchip Harmony library is not licensed under GPL, it has a custom license which you can review here: https://github.com/Microchip-MPLAB-Harm … crochip.md

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Thanks,
Kareem

Hello Dear Wolf Team,
i have a question regarding the statement in the Licence.

in object code only and solely with the Microchip silicon products and/or development tools with which it was integrated.

The WolfSSL/Crypt library is provided as Code in the Examples from the SAME54 Eval Board.
We used this example to evaluate our use case with this MicroProcessor Family.
The next thing that we want to do is to use this Code in our own Commercial(SAME51) Product. The problem is that we are using another version of the CMSIS Package for this chip, so we have to make some small adjustments to the hardware abstraction port code to make it work with out version of the CMSIS peripherals.
How is this supposed to be used with this licence? It states that we can solely use the Object Code, does this prohibit compiling the source code provided with this example, or in regards to using it as a linkable library?

and solely with the Microchip silicon products and/or development tools with which it was integrated.

Does this state that its bound to be used on a Microchip Microcontroller?
The Eval Board or exactly the MPLab Project which it was integrated into?

Kind Regards David Ramunno.

Hi David,

Our Microchip Harmony license was written by Microchip, please reach out to Microchip as they will be able to assist with your license questions.

Thanks,
Kareem

Thank you