1 (edited by mmhorii 2013-02-27 14:06:19)

Topic: Inconsistent info in wolfSSL tutorial, "Getting Started..." document?

Hi,

I'm using wolfSSL-2.5.0, and am working my way through the wolfSSL embedded SSL tutorial.  I encountered an apparent inconsistency between the wolfSSL tutorial and the "Getting Started with wolfSSL" document:

1. In the tutorial (from http://yassl.com/yaSSL/Docs-cyassl-manu … orial.html), section 11.6 states that you can start the echoclient using the following command:

./echoclient 127.0.0.1

2. In the "Getting Started with wolfSSL" document, p. 5, the text says to run echoclient either in interactive mode or using an input file, using the following command as an example:

./echoclient input.txt

I have had success using the second approach, but not the first. Is one of these texts incorrect or out-of-date? 

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

-----------------------------------
Edit: I figured it out. The two texts are referring to different echoclient projects. The first one is referring to the echoclient code that's part of the ssl_tutorial.zip file, while the second one is referring to the echoclient code that's part of the wolfSSL embedded SSL 2.5 package.

Re: Inconsistent info in wolfSSL tutorial, "Getting Started..." document?

Hi,

Thanks for the post.  Maybe we should look at differentiating the two or making a note in the documentation about these two projects being separate from each other.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Best Regards,
Chris