Topic: wolfSSL embedd SSL Java Wrapper compilation issue

I'm trying to compile the Java wrapper on Linux and I'm getting the following error - ‘InitCyaSSL’ was not declared in this scope. The full message is

Making JNI Library
g++ -I /usr/local/lib/include -I /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/jdk1.7.0_15/include -I /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/jdk1.7.0_15/include/linux -I ./src/native/include -Wno-write-strings -fpic -DPIC -c ./src/native/org_apache_harmony_xnet_provider_jsse_NativeCrypto_alt.cpp -o ./src/native/org_apache_harmony_xnet_provider_jsse_NativeCrypto_alt.o
./src/native/org_apache_harmony_xnet_provider_jsse_NativeCrypto_alt.cpp: In function ‘void Java_com_yassl_xnet_provider_jsse_SocketImpl_nativeinitstatic(JNIEnv*, jclass)’:
./src/native/org_apache_harmony_xnet_provider_jsse_NativeCrypto_alt.cpp:1251:16: error: ‘InitCyaSSL’ was not declared in this scope

I think it's something to do with having the wolfSSL library not compiled properly - although make test passes all tests, so I'm not sure. The version I'm using is cyassl-2.5.0 on Ubuntu 32 bit on an AMDx86 CPU.

The config.log is here - http://pastebin.com/fybgeZTW. Options I build wolfSSL with are --enable-sessioncerts, --enable-opensslExtra, --disable-shared, --enable-ntru

I got a warning about either autoconf or automake being newer than the one wolfSSL was written for, and the only similar post I can find on the net says to try disabling werror for the build, again unsure as how to go about that.

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: wolfSSL embedd SSL Java Wrapper compilation issue

Hi Saf,

I'm guessing you are referring to the wolfSSL Java Provider (cyassl-provider-0.1.zip)?  The current provider package was built with a version of wolfSSL prior to wolfSSL 2.0.0rc3, which is why I believe you are seeing the issues above.  Starting with wolfSSL 2.0.0rc3, we changed the wolfSSL API from "InitCyaSSL()" to "CyaSSL_Init()".  This explains the "InitCyaSSL was not declared in this scope" error.

I'm guessing that the autoconf/automake errors you are seeing are being caused by the version differences as well.  Just out of curiosity, what kind of project are you working on?

If you email us at support (at) wolfssl (dot) com, I'll send you a copy of the older wolfSSL version (2.0.0rc2) to try if you would like - just to make sure things are building correctly.  We've made LOTS of enhancements to wolfSSL since 2.0.0rc2.  You can see the changelog here:

http://www.yassl.com/yaSSL/Docs-cyassl-changelog.html

Best Regards,
Chris