Topic: make test fails with ./configure --enable-valgrind

Hi there,

I was trying to test wolfSSL with valgrind. But all the tests fail when I'm using --enable-valgrind. The same does NOT happen when valgrind is disabled.

Maybe this is not a problem, as the valgrind warnings say that it is unstable on mac OS 10.8. Could someone test it in another platform to check if it is OK?

The 'make test' output is attached.

[]'s

Moisés Guimarães

[ ]'s
Moisés

Re: make test fails with ./configure --enable-valgrind

Hi Moisés,

I can confirm that the 2.5.0 build passes all tests (make test) when compiled with --enable-valgrind on OS X 10.6.8 with valgrind 3.7.0.  I'll check internally and see if anyone has tested on 10.8.

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. - I think you may have forgotten to attach your 'make test' output to your previous post.

Moisés,

It looks like the latest version of OS X we're running internally is 10.7.5 (because of the fact that valgrind doesn't work on 10.8).  When valgrind works on 10.8, we'll make sure to test the --enable-valgrind build.

Thanks,
Chris

ok Chris, thanks  smile

[ ]'s
Moisés

I'm running on OSX 10.8 and use Linux in a VM to run Valgrind. If you know what to ignore, you can still run Valgrind under 10.8, but a lot of Apple's runtime code is going to throw errors. For example, all the errors that look like they come from some of their frameworks. (It looks like their Objective-C framework calling conventions.)

I wouldn't use it for pass/fail testing, but it was still helpful to run it to find a problem.