Hi,

I have been reading the information available about the library since few days ago. One feature I liked is capability of using dedicated crystallographic hardware modules of some chip manufacturer. For example, PIC32MZ of microchip, ST32F2/4 of ST, AES-NI of Intel and the others listed in the web site.

I would like to evaluate the possibility of using wolfCrypt with devices like these:

These MCU and others includes dedicated hardware modules for several cryptographic primitives (I guess they, at least, help with the computation of complex maths).

Does the support for a new chipset is usually requested by the manufacturer? or a system integrator/solution developer can request the services?

How is the procedure to add support to a new chipset in wolfcrypt?

Thanks and regards,
- Fred

(1 replies, posted in wolfCrypt)

Hello,

I'm looking information about running wolfCrypt on an embedded device (I mean C code running on a MCU).

The web page of wolfCrypt (and wolfssl too) says:

wolfCrypt has support for chipsets including ARM, Intel, Motorola, mbed, Freescale, Microchip (PIC32), ST (STM32F2/F4), NXP, Analog Devices, Texas Instruments, and more

Reading the manual there are some specific instructions for building the code to run in a Microchip and ST MCU. However, there is no information about, for example, NXP MCU.

Are NXP MCU harder to support or are they supported out of the box? does the same applies to the others chipmaker that have not specific instructions?

Thanks for your comments.

- Fred