(1 replies, posted in wolfSSL)

Hi,

I want to use WolfSSL on a bare metal embedded system, LPC3250 ARM9, in Keilv4. My goal is to send a secure email from my device, I want to use WolfSSL after the STARTTLS command is issued. I currently have an unsecured SMTP protocol working, now I am at the STARTTLS command and I want WolfSSL to continue the communication using TLS.

I am using the MDK_ARM_wolfSSL-Lib project files in my original Keil bare metal embedded project.
Can I use TLS on bare metal? Everything regarding TLS is commented out when bare metal configuration is selected.
What files and settings do I need to configure to use the TLS encryption? Are there any example of secure SMTP on a bare metal system using wolfSSL?

Thanks.

(2 replies, posted in wolfSSL)

Hi Eric,

Thanks for replying but I have already been trying with this example as I stated in the original post. The MDK-ARM example also does not have a SMTP portion. I have successfully built the MDK-ARM/wolfSSL files into my project but do not know if I imported wolfSSL correctly. I wanted to know if there was any more resources to help me.

-Kamal

(2 replies, posted in wolfSSL)

Hi,

I am trying to implement WolfSSL into my project which is bare metal using the ARM9 processor coding in C with Keil v4. I have tried to move over the files downloaded from wolfssl-4.0.0 -> IDE -> MDK-ARM -> MDK-ARM -> wolfSSL into my project but can not figure out what I need and how to implement wolfSSL. My goal is to use wolfSSL to send out a secure email from my device.

My questions are:
1. Which files do I need to import into my project for a bare metal environment?
2. How to configure the files to work with my project?
3. How to create a function to send out a secure email using wolfSSL?
4. Are there any detailed examples regarding importing wolfSSL into a bare metal environment from scratch?

Any advise would help, thanks,
Kamal