(5 replies, posted in wolfSSL)

Hello likewise,
Can you please send a message to support@wolfssl.com noting your interest in this feature? 
Thanks and warm regards, Anthony

Hi jacob.andersen,

Yes, the correct way would be 2 separate context objects. Please try that and let us know how it goes.

Warm regards, Anthony

Hi Tony,
Excellent.  Instead of putting up a pull request, can you put up a bug report.  We have a preference for bug reports as accepting pull requests would require you submit a contributor agreement.
Warm regards, Anthony

Correction: TLS 1.2 connection.  Not TLS 1.3 connection.

Hi Tony,

I've modified your user_settings.h.  See the end of this message.  Then on my linux machine built with the following command:

./configure --enable-usersettings 

I then downloaded your root certificate and executed the example client like this:

./examples/client/client -A root.pem  -h a2jtk2rms8uea8-ats.iot.us-east-1.amazonaws.com -p 8883

And I got a successful TLS 1.3 connection. 

This tells me there might be some incompatibility with the way freeRTOS is being used or the way wolfMQTT is calling into wolfSSL. The most likely problem is a memory issue.  How much memory are you giving to this process?   Perhaps try increasing it?

Warm regards, Anthony

=============================================
#ifndef USER_SETTINGS_H
#define USER_SETTINGS_H

#define WOLFSSL_IGNORE_FILE_WARN

/*-- Cipher related definitions  -----------------------------------------------
*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
#define WOLFSSL_ALT_CERT_CHAINS

#define WOLFSSL_TLS13
#define HAVE_TLS_EXTENSIONS

#define HAVE_SUPPORTED_CURVES
#define HAVE_FFDHE_2048

#ifndef WOLFSSL_OPTIONS_IGNORE_SYS
    #undef  _POSIX_THREADS
    #define _POSIX_THREADS
#endif

#define HAVE_THREAD_LS
#define TFM_TIMING_RESISTANT
#define ECC_TIMING_RESISTANT
#define WC_RSA_BLINDING

#define HAVE_AESGCM
#define HAVE_AESCCM
#define HAVE_AES_ECB
#define WOLFSSL_AES_COUNTER
#define WOLFSSL_AES_DIRECT

#define WOLFSSL_SHA512
#define WOLFSSL_SHA384
#define HAVE_HKDF

#define HAVE_ECC
#define TFM_ECC256
#define ECC_SHAMIR
#define WC_RSA_PSS
#define WOLFSSL_BASE64_ENCODE

#define WOLFSSL_KEY_GEN

#define HAVE_ECC_CDH
#define WC_RSA_NO_PADDING
#define WOLFSSL_VALIDATE_FFC_IMPORT
#define WOLFSSL_VALIDATE_ECC_IMPORT
#define HAVE_FFDHE_Q
#define WOLFSSL_NO_SHAKE256

#define WOLFSSL_CMAC
#define WOLFSSL_SHA224
#define WOLFSSL_SHA3
#define WOLFSSL_SHAKE256
#define HAVE_HASHDRBG

#define HAVE_SUPPORTED_CURVES
#define HAVE_EXTENDED_MASTER
#define HAVE_ENCRYPT_THEN_MAC
#define USE_FAST_MATH
#define WOLFSSL_X86_64_BUILD
#define WC_NO_ASYNC_THREADING
#define HAVE_DH_DEFAULT_PARAMS
#define HAVE___UINT128_T    1

#define NO_DSA
#define NO_HC128
#define NO_RABBIT
#define NO_RC4
#define NO_PSK
#define NO_MD4
#define NO_PWDBASED

/*-- Debugging options  ------------------------------------------------------
* "DEBUG_WOLFSSL" definition enables log to output into stdout.
* Note: wolfSSL_Debugging_ON() must be called just after wolfSSL_Init().
*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

#define DEBUG_WOLFSSL

#endif /* USER_SETTINGS_H */
========================================

Hi jacob.andersen,

My name is Anthony and I am a member of the wolfSSL team.

I don't think I understand enough about your use case.  Is there any reason both the server and client would need to share the same context and ssl structs? 

I'd also need to know more about your system and platform.  For example, if this were linux then you have processes and it would be easy to set this up as separate applications. I think it would even be simple if your system only had threads.  I realize I am asking for information that you might not want to reveal on a public forum.  If you would like to talk about this in a more confidential medium, please send an email message to support@wolfssl.com referencing this post.

Warm regards, Anthony

Hi tonyjosi,

Note that reproducing and diagnosing this could take a bit of time. In the meantime, we quite often find that defining `WOLFSSL_ALT_CERT_CHAINS` often fixes this problem.  Can you please trying adding it your defines in your `user_settings.h` and then rebuilding everything?

Please let me know how it goes.

Warm regards, Anthony

Hi tonyjosi,
My name is Anthony and I am a member of the wolfSSL team.  Let me see if I can look into this for you. I will start by trying to reproduce this.
Warm regards, Anthony

Hi Sayeed,

My name is Anthony and I am a member of the wolfSSL team.  I'm not sure I understand your issue.  Can you give more details such as the compiler error message?

Warm regards, Anthony

(3 replies, posted in wolfSSL)

Hi, Thanks for reaching otu Michael.  This appears to be a memory issue.  Can you please try repeating these procedures with Valgrind and then showing us the output?
Warm regards, Anthony

Hi,
Have you tried using wolfSSH? It can be found at  https://github.com/wolfSSL/wolfssh or from our download page.
Warm regards, Anthony

Thanks philipm,
We can continue the conversation there.  The short answer is it is not supported yet.  Please stay tuned to email for a response from support@wolfssl.com.
Warm regards, Anthony

Hi philipm,

Thank you so much for reaching out.  My name is Anthony and I am a member of the wolfSSL team.  Can you please send this request to support@wolfssl.com? This will allow us to better track your issue.

Warm regards, Anthony

(4 replies, posted in wolfSSL)

Hi,

As we say in https://github.com/wolfSSL/wolfssl/blob/master/INSTALL:

Use the Visual Studio Solution wolfssl64.sln

Can you tell us a bit about your project?  What are you trying to achieve?

Warm regards, Anthony

I'm so glad I was able to provide helpful information.  Please feel free to use our technical support service at support@wolfssl.com should you prefer more private interactions. 

Warm regards, Anthony

Hi Paul,
Please have a look at https://github.com/wolfSSL/wolfssl/tree … DE/ARDUINO .

Can you please let us know a bit about your project?  Is it out of professional, personal or academic interest?  Is there any organization associated with your efforts?

Warm regards, Anthony

(3 replies, posted in wolfCrypt)

Hi Dien,

I understand. Would you like to register your interest in CBC and CCM mode stream APIs as an official feature request?  It will only take a few minutes of your time.  If so, please send an email to support@wolfssl.com referencing this forum thread.

Warm regards, Anthony

(3 replies, posted in wolfCrypt)

Hello dientc.511,
We also have streaming for Gmac and AES-EAX. You can search for the following API

wc_AesEaxInit()
wc_AesEaxEncryptUpdate()
wc_AesEaxEncryptFinal()

What other modes were you looking for?

Warm regards, Anthony

Hi Ja1999,
Yes I suspect that would work.
Warm regards, Anthony

Hi  ja1999,

Thanks for your interest in wolfSSL.  4.8.1 is a very old version.  I suspect you are bumping into expired certificates in our testing directory.

Have you tried a more recent version of wolfSSL-fips-ready?   5.6.4 is the most recent version and it is available at https://wolfssl.com/download . I tested it recently and it works as expected.

Warm regards, Anthony

Mattia,

The easiest way to confirm my theory is to define WOLFSSL_DEBUG_TLS to see what the server gets.

Warm regards, Anthony

Hello Again Mattia,

I have successfully imported your ClientHello into wireshark.  It looks to be a compliant TLS 1.3 client hello handshake message.  I see no problems with it.  But then the server sends a DECODE_ERROR alert message. Can you please confirm that the server received the same client hello that you pasted above? I suspect that there is some sort of I/O mishap here.

Warm regards, Anthony

Hello Mattia,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at wolfSSL.  I will need some time to analyze the handshake data that you have shown.  It might be more efficient if you could turn on debugging (define WOLFSSL_DEBUG and call wolfSSL_Debugging_ON() ) on both sides and paste the logs in a message here.

Warm regards, Anthony

Hi Henrik,

My name is Anthony Hu and I am a member of the wolfSSL team. I see you are using the STM32CubeIDE but do not have wolfSSL.I-CUBE-wolfSSL_conf.h.  In that case you need to enable wolfSSL in the project's .ioc file. Also, when you close the .ioc file, please make sure you tell the IDE to generate code. 

I'm not sure how our zephyr integration works with STM32CubeIDE.  I will consult with my colleagues to learn about this and get back to you.

Warm regards, Anthony

Hi shanoaice,

my name is Anthony and I am a member of the wolfSSL team. I am looking at the error output and the line numbers and content do not line up with what I am seeing in the wolfSSL repo on github.

If its not the newest, please consider using the newest code.

Please let me know your version and where you obtain your code for wolfSSL.

Warm regard, Anthony