Topic: Support for extensions within the JNI library

Hi,

As far as I can see, I cannot find extensions configuration parameters within the WolfSSL-JNI library.

How did you bring for example the Raw Public Key extension to the JNI library ? (RFC 7250)

Thanks.

Re: Support for extensions within the JNI library

Actually, I cannot even find in the documentation any reference to the RawPublicKey extension, is it something supported and I'm missing it?

Hi kanaziwok,

The native wolfSSL library does not currently support the Raw Public Key extension.

What kind of project are you working on that requires this extension?  Is this a requirement of your project?

Thanks,
Chris

Hi chrisc,

Ok thanks for the update.

It is a requirement of the project indeed.

As you are implementing the TLS1.3 I guess extensions in TLS1.2 won't be there soon right ?

Thanks

Hi kanaziwok,

We are actively developing our TLS 1.3 implementation, but also maintaining and progressing our TLS 1.2 implementation.

There are a couple ways we can add features to wolfSSL and/or wolfSSL JNI.  I can add your request to our feature request list.  This is a list that we get to as our engineering team gets time.  There is no timeline associated with features on this list.

The second option is to add functionality as part of our consulting services.  Do you have a preference between these routes?

Thanks,
Chris