Topic: Port wolfSSL to "Wio gps tracker"

I'm porting wolfSSL to "wio gps tracker" board. It contains an MCU(Cortex M0+, 256KB flash, 32KB RAM) and a GSM/GPRS modem(Quectel MC20). My goal is to run MQTT + TLS on it.
Since the model has TCP implementation (supported by AT command), I'm wondering that is it possible to run wolfSSL over the TCP layer? How to get ssl implementation as quick as possible?
I'm new to wolfSSL and I'm looking forward to the help.

Re: Port wolfSSL to "Wio gps tracker"

Hi Jim,

Yes it is very possible to run wolfSSL over the TCP layer. We provide a custom IO callback solution that allows users to plug in any send/receive functionality that is available. wolfSSL is completely agnostic to the transport layer meaning if it can read and write data you can do a TLS handshake and securely pass messages through that medium, file system, in memory buffer, over bluetooth, USB serial, traditional TCP/IP, doesn't matter.

We have several reference implementations in wolfssl-root/src/wolfio.c that you can use as a model and we have an example here: https://github.com/wolfSSL/wolfssl-exam … -callbacks that shows doing a secure connection between two apps on the same system using files as the transport layer. Hopefully those references help show how agnostic we are to the transport layer and give you confidence that you can achieve a working solution with wolfSSL using your AT send/receive commands and built in TCP stack.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Warm Regards,

KH