Topic: Getting WolfSSL application to work in Linux.

Hello,

I have my application working with WolfSSL in windows and I am currently looking to add WolfSSL support in my Linux application.
I followed all the steps in the manual chapter ( Building in a *nix platform). I have configured and built the wolfssl library in linux.

But my question is how do I integrate wolfssl in my application, the code is already there the things that make it work in windows should also make it work in Linux as well.

I read somewhere that I need to have all the user_settings.h file and put that in "wolfssl/options.h"
and also include

#include "wolfssl/options.h"
#include "wolfssl/wolfcrypt/settings.h"
#include "wolfssl/ssl.h"

the above files in my application.. I did that but doesn't seem to be working.

This is the error that I am getting after I try to build my application in Linux ...

make -f Esdk.mk
cc -c -I../.. -DPLATFORM_HEADER=\"./Platform/Linux/platform.h\" -DMBUS_PLATFORM_HEADER=\"./Platform/Linux/mbspltfm.h\" -DET_IP_SCANNER -DCONNECTION_STATS -DEIP_SUPPORT_NULL_FWD_OPEN -DEIP_NO_CCO -DEIP_BIG12 -DEIP_QOS -DEIP_TLS -DEIP_FILE_OBJECT ../../eipasm.c
In file included from ../../eipasm.c:22:0:
../../eipinc.h:27:10: error: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>
 #include SSL_PLATFORM_HEADER
          ^
In file included from ../../eipinc.h:79:0,
                 from ../../eipasm.c:22:
../../eipfile.h:110:2: error: unknown type name ‘PLATFORM_FILE_HANDLE’
  PLATFORM_FILE_HANDLE hFile;
  ^
make: *** [eipasm.o] Error 1

Is there a document I could follow on how to integrate my application with WolfSSL in Linux? any help is appreciated..

Thank You.

Re: Getting WolfSSL application to work in Linux.

Can someone guide me on how do I link my application with the wolfssl library (I am assuming it is the .so file) in Linux?

Thank You for your help in advance.

Re: Getting WolfSSL application to work in Linux.

Hi ashetty,

It looks like the errors are completely unrelated to wolfSSL however one can link a shared object by using the following in your make file (this makefile assumes your application is named "test_app.c" just change to fit your test application name eipasm.c or whatever:

CC=gcc
WOLFPATH=/Users/kalebhimes/work/testDir/wolf-install-dir-for-testing
CFLAGS=-I$(WOLFPATH)/include -Wall
LIBS= -L$(WOLFPATH)/lib -lwolfssl

all: test_app

test_app: test_app.o
    $(CC) -o $@ $^ $(CFLAGS) $(LIBS)

.PHONY: clean

clean:
    rm -f *.o test_app

Regards,

K