Topic: how to remove unused defines

Hello,
I have a request : could you add the option to remove unused defines when configuring with ./configure i was trying to use unifdef command on ubuntu but i dont know where to use it. this will really help me to understand the code better.
thank you

Re: how to remove unused defines

Hi EPT,

Thanks for contacting wolfSSL!

Could you please elaborate on what you want to accomplish with unifdef?

You can use autotools or cmake to build wolfSSL library. wolfSSL is configured with some default configurations and they can be changed with `./configure --disable-funoption`.  You can display the list of options with `./configure -h`.  Configure auto-generates `wolfssl/wolfssl/options.h` containing the #define/#undef of features. 

You can run the wolfcrypt, benchmark, or client/server examples.

./wolfcrypt/test/testwolfcrypt
./wolfcrypt/benchmark/benchmark
./examples/server/server
./examples/client/client

Let me know if this helps.

thank you very much for your reply tmael
i want to have WolfCrypt library alone and without the lines of unused defines because it makes code large for me to understand and i think there is a better way than scrolling the code and deleting them one by one am i right ???.
the reason for this is i really want to understand every piece of code i will integrate in my project . Not including a huge library

Hi EPT,

My sincere apologies for missing your follow-up post. I'm unsure how I missed it.

Did you get the answers to your questions? You will have to delete the inactive codes guarded with unused defines.

You can always contact support@wolfssl.com for a timely response.

Thanks