Topic: Linker error after enabling AES GCM Streaming

Hello,

I have integrated the wolfssl library version "4_8_0_stable" into my application and configured the wolfssl with the option as "./configure --enable-aesgcm-stream". After configuring, i could notice that the macro "WOLFSSL_AESGCM_STREAM" is defined in  "wolfssl\options.h" file. I'm trying to build the wolfssl into my application using the "CMakeLists.txt". As part of the build, "wolfcrypt/test/test.c" file is getting compiled and ends with the below linker error.

wolfssl_4_8_0_stable/wolfcrypt/test/test.c:10130: undefined reference to `wc_AesGcmEncryptInit'
external/wolfssl_4_8_0_stable/wolfcrypt/test/test.c:10133: undefined reference to `wc_AesGcmEncryptUpdate'
external/wolfssl_4_8_0_stable/wolfcrypt/test/test.c:10136: undefined reference to `wc_AesGcmEncryptFinal'
external/wolfssl_4_8_0_stable/wolfcrypt/test/test.c:10145: undefined reference to `wc_AesGcmDecryptInit'
external/wolfssl_4_8_0_stable/wolfcrypt/test/test.c:10148: undefined reference to `wc_AesGcmDecryptUpdate'
external/wolfssl_4_8_0_stable/wolfcrypt/test/test.c:10151: undefined reference to `wc_AesGcmDecryptFinal'
external/wolfssl_4_8_0_stable/wolfcrypt/test/test.c:10160: undefined reference to `wc_AesGcmEncryptInit'
external/wolfssl_4_8_0_stable/wolfcrypt/test/test.c:10168: undefined reference to `wc_AesGcmEncryptUpdate'
external/wolfssl_4_8_0_stable/wolfcrypt/test/test.c:10176: undefined reference to `wc_AesGcmEncryptUpdate'
external/wolfssl_4_8_0_stable/wolfcrypt/test/test.c:10181: undefined reference to `wc_AesGcmEncryptFinal'
external/wolfssl_4_8_0_stable/wolfcrypt/test/test.c:10192: undefined reference to `wc_AesGcmDecryptInit'
external/wolfssl_4_8_0_stable/wolfcrypt/test/test.c:10200: undefined reference to `wc_AesGcmDecryptUpdate'
external/wolfssl_4_8_0_stable/wolfcrypt/test/test.c:10208: undefined reference to `wc_AesGcmDecryptUpdate'
external/wolfssl_4_8_0_stable/wolfcrypt/test/test.c:10213: undefined reference to `wc_AesGcmDecryptFinal'

Have attached the file "wolfssl\options.h" for reference. Someone could please help me in resolving this error.

Thanks!

Re: Linker error after enabling AES GCM Streaming

Hello raghu,

Have you reviewed the instructions for building wolfSSL with cmake?
https://github.com/wolfSSL/wolfssl/blob … NSTALL#L80

Thanks,
Eric @ wolfSSL Support

Re: Linker error after enabling AES GCM Streaming

Hello Eric,

Issue with cmake build has been resolved. You can find more details in https://www.wolfssl.com/forums/post6258.html#p6258.

thanks for your support.