Topic: Unable to cross compile on a Windows machine

I am running a cross-compiler in a Git Bash window and get an error with wolfSSL version 5.5.4 during CMake. The problem is with the execute_process command in CMakeLists.txt, which indicates that "user_settings_asm.sh is not a valid Win32 application". This makes sense because of how execute_process works. This looks like newer functionality because this was not a problem with wolfSSL version 5.4.0.

Does anyone have any guidance on how to address this issue?

Also, I had to do some tricks to see the actual error message because the doesn't display the result of the call to execute_process. It would be nice if it provided the results when an error occurs.

Re: Unable to cross compile on a Windows machine

I can confirm I have this issue as well building on Windows with CMake. `user_settings_asm.sh` is being run on a Windows machine which obviously wouldn't work.

Hello jferraris,

This issue was fixed in wolfssl's `master` branch.  Please see the following pull request that has already been merged: https://github.com/wolfSSL/wolfssl/pull/6085

Warm regards, Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I believe this fix only works if you have a Unix based shell set in the environment variable. Building with CMake on Visual Studio on Windows still has the same issue.
I attempted to change my $SHELL environment variable but this didn't actually do much for me.

Appreciate your response!
Jordan

The issue has returned for me in version 5.6.4 because the unix version of the command does not include the prior fix.