Topic: wolfSSH_SFTP_connect does not return if username/password incorrect

I'm trying to get a very simple SFTP client runnning, based on the example SFTP client in wolfSSH.
I'm currently using just username and password to log in (no SSH keys or certificates etc).
I need the client code to return an error if it can't connect because of incorrect username/password, but wolfSSH_SFTP_connect doesn't ever return if username/password is incorrect - there seems to be no timeout.
The example SFTP client does this.
How can I modify it so it returns an error on login failure?

Re: wolfSSH_SFTP_connect does not return if username/password incorrect

Updates: having run with debug logging enabled, it seems that the code gets stuck in a loop where it calls DoUserAuthFailure to process a MSGID_USERAUTH_FAILURE, and then calls SendUserAuthRequest presumably to repeat the authorisation request. Is there a way to terminate this loop when all authorisation methods have been tried?

Which version of wolfSSH are you using? The current master branch in GitHub repo?

Hi John, thanks for your reply. I downloaded the master branch on 15th Sept so I'm currently using commit 79bc747.

Update: I've now rebuilt with the latest master branch and it's the same.
Running echoserver and then ./wolfsftp -h 127.0.0.1 -p 22222 -u jill -P upthehill works fine.
However with incorrect username:
./wolfsftp -h 127.0.0.1 -p 22222 -u jillx -P upthehill
wolfsftp does not report an error, continuously trys to authenticate and doesn't stop even with control-C.

SOLUTION: it seems this is a server rather than a client issue. When I use the example sftpclient with a generic Linux SFTP server, if the username or password is incorrect it reports failure to connect after about 20 seconds - which is fine. So it seems that the issue is with the example echoserver implementation rather than the client.