Topic: WolfSSL Configuration missing in Cube MX for the NUCLEO-H753ZI board

Hi,

I'm trying to use WolfSSL on my NUCLEO-H753ZI board and ran into some problems...
I've downloaded & installed the latest wolfSSL.I-CUBE-wolfSSL.5.6.4.pack from https://www.wolfssl.com/docs/stm32/

But when I try to add it to my board configuration, Cube MX indicates "Warning: This peripheral has no parameters to be configured." (see attached CubeMXConfig.png) ?
And if I generate the project despite the warning, the compilation of the generated project fails since the wolfSSL.I-CUBE-wolfSSL_conf.h file is missing (see below):

/Henrik

08:59:56 **** Build of configuration Debug for project ssl ****
make -j4 all
arm-none-eabi-gcc "../Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/zephyr/samples/wolfssl_tls_thread/src/tls_threaded.c" -mcpu=cortex-m7 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H753xx -DDEBUG -c -I../Core/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/ -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -fcyclomatic-complexity -MMD -MP -MF"Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/zephyr/samples/wolfssl_tls_thread/src/tls_threaded.d" -MT"Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/zephyr/samples/wolfssl_tls_thread/src/tls_threaded.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/zephyr/samples/wolfssl_tls_thread/src/tls_threaded.o"
arm-none-eabi-gcc "../Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/zephyr/samples/wolfssl_tls_sock/src/tls_sock.c" -mcpu=cortex-m7 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H753xx -DDEBUG -c -I../Core/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/ -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -fcyclomatic-complexity -MMD -MP -MF"Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/zephyr/samples/wolfssl_tls_sock/src/tls_sock.d" -MT"Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/zephyr/samples/wolfssl_tls_sock/src/tls_sock.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/zephyr/samples/wolfssl_tls_sock/src/tls_sock.o"
arm-none-eabi-gcc "../Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/zephyr/zephyr_init.c" -mcpu=cortex-m7 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H753xx -DDEBUG -c -I../Core/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/ -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -fcyclomatic-complexity -MMD -MP -MF"Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/zephyr/zephyr_init.d" -MT"Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/zephyr/zephyr_init.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/zephyr/zephyr_init.o"
arm-none-eabi-gcc "../Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/wrapper/Ada/ada_binding.c" -mcpu=cortex-m7 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H753xx -DDEBUG -c -I../Core/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/ -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -fcyclomatic-complexity -MMD -MP -MF"Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/wrapper/Ada/ada_binding.d" -MT"Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/wrapper/Ada/ada_binding.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/wrapper/Ada/ada_binding.o"
In file included from ../Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/zephyr/samples/wolfssl_tls_thread/src/tls_threaded.c:25:
../Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/wolfssl/wolfcrypt/settings.h:273:14: fatal error: wolfSSL.I-CUBE-wolfSSL_conf.h: No such file or directory
  273 |     #include "wolfSSL.I-CUBE-wolfSSL_conf.h"
      |              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
In file included from ../Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/wolfssl/ssl.h:33,
                 from ../Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/zephyr/samples/wolfssl_tls_sock/src/tls_sock.c:25:
../Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/wolfssl/wolfcrypt/settings.h:273:14: fatal error: wolfSSL.I-CUBE-wolfSSL_conf.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/zephyr/samples/wolfssl_tls_thread/src/subdir.mk:19: Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/zephyr/samples/wolfssl_tls_thread/src/tls_threaded.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/zephyr/samples/wolfssl_tls_sock/src/subdir.mk:19: Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/zephyr/samples/wolfssl_tls_sock/src/tls_sock.o] Error 1
In file included from ../Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/wrapper/Ada/ada_binding.c:23:
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/wrapper/Ada/subdir.mk:19: Middlewares/Third_Party/wolfSSL_wolfSSL_wolfSSL/wolfssl/wrapper/Ada/ada_binding.o] Error 1
"make -j4 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

09:00:03 Build Failed. 7 errors, 0 warnings. (took 7s.345ms)

Re: WolfSSL Configuration missing in Cube MX for the NUCLEO-H753ZI board

F.Y.I. I'm using Cube MX version 6.1.2

Hi Henrik,

My name is Anthony Hu and I am a member of the wolfSSL team. I see you are using the STM32CubeIDE but do not have wolfSSL.I-CUBE-wolfSSL_conf.h.  In that case you need to enable wolfSSL in the project's .ioc file. Also, when you close the .ioc file, please make sure you tell the IDE to generate code. 

I'm not sure how our zephyr integration works with STM32CubeIDE.  I will consult with my colleagues to learn about this and get back to you.

Warm regards, Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I have enabled WolfSSL in the ioc file, but STM32CubeMX indicates "Warning: This peripheral has no parameters to be configured."
I've also told CubeMX to generate project/code, but the project/code it generates doesn't compile since the wolfSSL.I-CUBE-wolfSSL_conf.h is missing.

Best Regards,
Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Is this after the code was the generated? Could you share your ioc file for review?

Thanks,
Lealem, wolfSSL

6 (edited by henrik.suurik 2023-11-13 23:27:49)

Hi Lealem,

I get the STM32CubeMX "Warning: This peripheral has no parameters to be configured." before the project is generated.

I get the following error when I try to add the ioc file to the message (see below):
Warning! The following errors must be corrected before your message can be posted:
The server was unable to save the uploaded file. Please contact the forum administrator at support@wolfssl.com.

Best Regards,
Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Sorry about the technical difficulties attaching the file.

In the "Software Packs” drop down menu choose “Select Components”. In the list that pops up, ensure that the wolfSSL.wolfSSL pack components wolfSSL / Core and wolfCrypt / Core are checked.

If the issue persists, email support@wolfssl.com where we will provide you with free pre-sales support. Just make sure to reference this forum post and to attach your .ioc file.

Thanks,
Lealem, wolfSSL

Hi Lealem,

I can confirm that
wolfSSL / Core
wolfCrypt / Core
wolfCrypt / Test
are checked in my wolfSSL.wolfSSL pack components.

I will E-mail my .ioc file to support@wolfssl.com as requested.

Best Regards,
Henrik