Topic: WolfSSL on Arduino R4 Connect to Firestore

I have an application running on an Arduino R4 and I want to write IOT data to a Firestore database. 

https://firebase.google.com/docs/firestore

Firestore, of course, requires SSL.

What I am asking may be an unreasonable request, but I'd like to take advantage of an SSL connection without becoming an SSL expert.  There is a WolfSSL library for the Arduino - thanks!  But there are no examples I can find of how to use it.

Is there a working Arduino example out there that I can study?

Thanks,

Paul

Re: WolfSSL on Arduino R4 Connect to Firestore

Hi Paul,
Please have a look at https://github.com/wolfSSL/wolfssl/tree … DE/ARDUINO .

Can you please let us know a bit about your project?  Is it out of professional, personal or academic interest?  Is there any organization associated with your efforts?

Warm regards, Anthony

Thanks for a quick response.

The project is related to a volunteer project I'm doing in Guatemala.  We have been redesigning the patient experience for clinic visits for patients who come from the community surrounding the region's largest garbage dump.  Use your imagination and you're probably right about the conditions in the area.

The clinic redesign has been based on providing high dignity healthcare to the people of the area.  It is remarkable what you can do when you don't worry about HIPAA and insurance reimbursement, and a lot of other bureaucracy.  You start with patient needs, then staff needs, and work from there.

Anyway, we've developed a really good new model that drives happy and efficient care for most primary care, ob/gyn, pediatrics, physical therapy, dental, and pharmacy needs.

To continue to improve the services, I'm working to instrument the time-in-clinic by service area to gather the data we may need to improve process, training, or technology that would give us even more capacity to serve without losing the quality of the patient attention.

My approach is to gather this data with Ardunios and then store them to a Firestore database in Google's GCP.  Firestore requires SSL, so that's the need.

Make sense?

Paul

By the way, that link to the github repo was terrific.  I'm a mile farther down the road as a result.

I'm so glad I was able to provide helpful information.  Please feel free to use our technical support service at support@wolfssl.com should you prefer more private interactions. 

Warm regards, Anthony