Topic: Can't get to the download link

Hello,

I'm trying to get to the download page, but it keeps redirecting me back to the information page (and it resets the information fields!)

How do i get a proper download link to wolfSSL embedded SSL?

Thanks
Nitay

Re: Can't get to the download link

HI Nitay,

What browser and URL are you using to try and download wolfSSL?  Are you using the following link:
http://yassl.com/yaSSL/download/downloadForm.php

Thanks,
Chris

Yes that's the link

I'm using Chrome (27.0.1453.93 m)

Nitay,

I just tested the download form on Chrome 27.0.1453.93 on OS X 10.6.8 and it seemed to be working correctly.  What OS/version are you using?

I just sent you an email containing the wolfSSL 2.6.0 package, but it would be nice to figure out why our download form isn't working for you as well.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris,

The problem still persists
I'm using Windows 7 64bit
I'd be happy to help you debug the problem if needed

Nitay

Nitay,

Ok, thanks for letting me know.  Let me try it on Windows 7 x64 and I'll get back to you with my findings.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Nitay,

I just tried downloading wolfSSL 2.6.0 from Windows 7 x64, using Google Chrome 27.0.1453.94 m.  It worked for me.  Can you try again to make sure you're still not able to download? 

Is there any additional information you can give me about the situation?  What URL are you downloading from? What links did you click on to get to the download page?  Does it work on IE in Windows?

Thanks,
Chris

It happened again today - I think that if you don't fill the upper fields properly it just redirects you back to the same details page without an error message (I didn't enter a phone number I believe)

It seem to allow downloading now, anyway

Thanks
Nitay

9 (edited by Nitay 2013-06-13 00:36:47)

Okay here we go again

These are the details I'm trying to enter (which are completely made up)
Name: Nitay
Company: Nitay Inc.
Postiion: CEO
Email: nitay@mailinator.com
Phone: 454-487-5787
Comments: Nothing to say

I select wolfssl, and check the agreement - But I keep getting redirected back to the details page and the download doesn't start. No error message appears

Thanks
Nitay

Thanks for the extra info Nitay.  I'll give this a try with your info on my end today and let you know what I find.

Thanks,
Chris

Ni Nitay,

I think I may have discovered why you are unable to download wolfSSL.  I'm guessing you have cookies disabled in Chrome?  When I try downloading wolfSSL using your information above on Win. 7 x64 with Chrome with cookies enabled, it works.  When I have cookies disabled, it behaves exactly as you mentioned.

The wolfSSL download form saves session information between pages, which it uses to verify information entered.  Not allowing sites to save information must prevent this from happening.

Best Regards,
Chris

I have my cookies enabled....

I replicated it on 2 computers using chrome (both signed in by me though)