1 (edited by raphaell 2013-11-07 19:13:08)

Topic: wolfSSL 2.8.0 doesn't supported mips64 n32 (ABI is incompabile ...)

hi~

I already used wolfssl 2-2-2 in mips64 n32. Sometime there is problem that infinite loop occurred in doing SSL_connect.
before attaching to ssl object , I set RCVTIME in socket descriptor.

frame #1 to #2 #1 to #2 ... 

#0  0x1007e58c in DoApplicationData ()
#1  0x1007faac in ProcessReply ()
#2  0x10069ba4 in wolfSSL_connect ()

I spent much time to try to resolve it , but there is no issue. that's why I want to upgrade to latest one.
but wolfssl supported mips64 but don't do n32(mabi=n32)

below are message in make

CC       tests/tests_unit-hash.o
  CC       examples/client/tests_unit-client.o
  CC       examples/server/tests_unit-server.o
  CCLD     src/libcyassl.la
collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped
/usr/local/Cavium_Networks/OCTEON-SDK/tools-gcc-4.1/bin/../lib/gcc/mips64-octeon-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../mips64-octeon-linux-gnu/bin/ld: src/.libs/src_libcyassl_la-internal.o: ABI is incompatible with that of the selected emulation
/usr/local/Cavium_Networks/OCTEON-SDK/tools-gcc-4.1/bin/../lib/gcc/mips64-octeon-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../mips64-octeon-linux-gnu/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file src/.libs/src_libcyassl_la-internal.o
/usr/local/Cavium_Networks/OCTEON-SDK/tools-gcc-4.1/bin/../lib/gcc/mips64-octeon-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../mips64-octeon-linux-gnu/bin/ld: src/.libs/src_libcyassl_la-io.o: ABI is incompatible with that of the selected emulation

below are my build options.
./configure --host=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu --enable-static --host=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu CC=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu-gcc CFLAGS="-mabi=n32" LDFLAGS="-mabi=n32" ac_cv_func_malloc_0_nonnull=yes ac_cv_func_realloc_0_nonnull=yes

Let me know about handing this situation.

thank you for reading

Post's attachments

config.log 121.94 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: wolfSSL 2.8.0 doesn't supported mips64 n32 (ABI is incompabile ...)

Hi raphaell,

Can you try using C_EXTRA_FLAGS instead of CFLAGS when configuring wolfSSL embedded SSL? 

A while back we switched reading additional flags in from the user from CFLAGS to C_EXTRA_FLAGS to avoid conflicts with modifications we have made to the ./configure system.

Thanks,
Chris

3 (edited by raphaell 2013-11-10 22:15:40)

Re: wolfSSL 2.8.0 doesn't supported mips64 n32 (ABI is incompabile ...)

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for your help. I could handle it.

Thanks,
Raphael