Topic: [SOLVED] CCS6 import wolfssl-examples

Hello,

I just managed to successfully build the wolfssl libraries to use with CCS6 on a TM4C1294 microcontroller.
I'm trying to import the examples found here: https://github.com/wolfSSL/wolfssl-exam … s_examples

When I use the "import CCS projects" option I get this error:
"See details below.
  Error: Import failed for project 'tcpEcho_Client_TivaTM4C1294NCPDT' because its compiler definition is not available. The project does not appear to be a 'CCS Project'. Please try importing it through the 'General > Existing Projects into Workspace' wizard.
"

When I try to import it using the "general" import method, it gives me this error:
" Please use the 'Code Composer Studio > CCS Projects' wizard to import the project 'tcpEcho_Client_TivaTM4C1294NCPDT'."

I'm sure it has to do with the CCS project files, but I'm not sure how to fix it.
I could try setting up a new project from scratch and important the project files one by one, but I have no idea where to start with configuring the CCS project settings.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: [SOLVED] CCS6 import wolfssl-examples

Turns out I didn't install the required components for the C Series microcontrollers.
[*][/*]

My question now is if I have to use the exact version of CCS components listed in the bld and mak files:
XDCTOOLS_INSTALLATION_DIR ?= $(DEFAULT_INSTALLATION_DIR)/xdctools_3_30_01_25_core
export XDCTOOLS_JAVA_HOME ?= $(DEFAULT_INSTALLATION_DIR)/ccsv6/eclipse/jre

TIRTOS_INSTALLATION_DIR   ?= $(DEFAULT_INSTALLATION_DIR)/tirtos_tivac_2_00_02_36
BIOS_INSTALLATION_DIR     ?= $(TIRTOS_INSTALLATION_DIR)/products/bios_6_40_02_27
UIA_INSTALLATION_DIR      ?= $(TIRTOS_INSTALLATION_DIR)/products/uia_2_00_01_34
NDK_INSTALLATION_DIR      ?= $(DEFAULT_INSTALLATION_DIR)/ndk_2_24_00_05_eng
TIVAWARE_INSTALLATION_DIR ?= $(TIRTOS_INSTALLATION_DIR)/products/TivaWare_C_Series-2.1.0.12573c

I installed updated versions of TIRTOS/BIOS/UIA/NDK etc... I updated the build/make files so that I can build the libraries.
I can now successfully import the project, but I run into errors like this:

"C:/ti/ndk_2_24_03_35/packages/ti/ndk/inc/nettools/inc/inet.h", line 57: error #20: identifier "_extern" is undefined
"C:/ti/ndk_2_24_03_35/packages/ti/ndk/inc/nettools/inc/inet.h", line 57: error #66: expected a ";"
"C:/ti/ndk_2_24_03_35/packages/ti/ndk/inc/nettools/inc/inet.h", line 58: warning #78-D: this declaration has no storage class or type specifier
"C:/ti/ndk_2_24_03_35/packages/ti/ndk/inc/nettools/inc/inet.h", line 58: error #66: expected a ";"
"C:/ti/ndk_2_24_03_35/packages/ti/ndk/inc/nettools/inc/inet.h", line 59: warning #78-D: this declaration has no storage class or type specifier
"C:/ti/ndk_2_24_03_35/packages/ti/ndk/inc/nettools/inc/inet.h", line 59: error #66: expected a ";"
"C:/ti/ndk_2_24_03_35/packages/ti/ndk/inc/nettools/inc/inet.h", line 60: warning #78-D: this declaration has no storage class or type specifier
"C:/ti/ndk_2_24_03_35/packages/ti/ndk/inc/nettools/inc/inet.h", line 60: error #66: expected a ";"
"C:/ti/ndk_2_24_03_35/packages/ti/ndk/inc/nettools/inc/inet.h", line 62: warning #78-D: this declaration has no storage class or type specifier
"C:/ti/ndk_2_24_03_35/packages/ti/ndk/inc/nettools/inc/inet.h", line 62: error #66: expected a ";"
"C:/ti/ndk_2_24_03_35/packages/ti/ndk/inc/nettools/inc/inet.h", line 64: warning #78-D: this declaration has no storage class or type specifier
"C:/ti/ndk_2_24_03_35/packages/ti/ndk/inc/nettools/inc/inet.h", line 64: error #66: expected a ";"
"C:/wolfssl/wolfssl/ssl.h", line 931: fatal error #1965: cannot open source file "sys/uio.h"
7 errors and 1 catastrophic error detected in the compilation of "../tcpEcho.c".

Do I need to download and use the exact same CCS component versions to get this to work?

Hi Subhash,

I just checked and indeed the example client does not work with the latest software packages from TI. TI has updated a lot since last year when those projects were made including packaging ndk inside the tirtos_for_tivac as opposed to it being a stand-alone product. I will go through tomorrow and update our examples to work with the latest TI software. I can not promise they will be complete tomorrow but I will start with the client and ping you when I have a working client up on github. If you need the examples to work before such time as I get updated projects posted please refer to this readme to replicate the exact environment the examples were created in:

https://github.com/wolfSSL/wolfssl-exam … L%20README

Kind Regards,

Kaleb

Using the updated readme and examples, I got it working. Thanks!

Hi Subhash,

That is good news. Glad you were able to get it working!

Regards,

Kaleb