Topic: Using wolfSSL with #OpenVPN

Hi!  Are you interested in using wolfSSL with the OpenVPN?  If so, let us know at info@wolfssl.com or by posting a reply to this forum topic!

The wolfSSL lightweight SSL/TLS library is nice for reduced overhead and maximum throughput in addition to supporting cutting edge curves and cipher suites!  wolfSSL currently supports up to TLS 1.3 and DTLS 1.2 and offers leading support in the industry!

OpenVPN, as described by their website, is “an open source virtual private network solution that has established itself as the defacto standard".

We look forward to hearing your thoughts about using wolfSSL with OpenVPN!

Re: Using wolfSSL with #OpenVPN

I'd love to be able to use wolfssl in openvpn, specially for embedded devices.

Yes, I'm interested on compile openvpn with wolfssl library to mount my own vpn server.

I understand that wolfssl uses post quantum (or quantum resistant) handshake with NTRU, is it true?

I has studied the open quantum safe (OQS) implementation of openssl, and I'd like know if this ntru implementation has a similar security level compared with the OQS proyect.

Thanks, and please excuse my bad english.
Regards!

Hi d1cor,

Thanks for using the support forums and expressing interest in OpenVPN + wolfSSL.

I understand that wolfssl uses post quantum (or quantum resistant) handshake with NTRU, is it true?

Yes wolfSSL supports NTRU. More info in our blog post on the topic here: https://www.wolfssl.com/wolfSSL/Blog/En … lfSSL.html

I has studied the open quantum safe (OQS) implementation of openssl, and I'd like know if this ntru implementation has a similar security level compared with the OQS proyect.

wolfSSL supports NTRU but we are not actively researching and comparing the various quantum safe algorithms against one another. This would be a question for Security Innovations!

Warm Regards,

Kaleb