Topic: [SOLVED] Porting wolfMqtt on FreeScale K20 series microcontroller

Hello,

I want to port wolfMqtt Client on NXP Kinetic 20 Series microcontroller. Can you please let me know as to which version of wolfMqtt I need to use.  Do I need to use wolfmqtt-0.12 ? also will I need wolfssl-3.10.0 along with wolfMqtt ?

I tried downloading wolfmqtt-0.12.zip  from the https://wolfssl.com/wolfSSL/download/downloadForm.php but during extraction I am getting error saying the archive is damaged.

Please let me know so that I can proceed further.

Thanks,
Sachin

Re: [SOLVED] Porting wolfMqtt on FreeScale K20 series microcontroller

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for the report about the wolfmqtt-0.12.zip archive on the website. Its been fixed.

You only need wolfSSL if you are using TLS with MQTT to secure the pipe (socket). By default wolfMQTT "./configure" enables TLS, so if you aren't using TLS then use "./configure --disable-tls". If not using ./configure the define to enable/disable TLS support is "ENABLE_MQTT_TLS".

The wolfMQTT download has several examples including an AWS IoT, Azure IoT Hub, Firmware Update and basic MQTT client.

The latest user manual is here:
https://www.wolfssl.com/documentation/w … Manual.pdf

Let me know if you had any other questions.

Thanks,
David Garske, wolfSSL

Hello David ,

Thanks for the reply.

I will not be having any operating system on my microcontroller. So is it still possible to use wolfSSl and WolfMqtt ?

Thanks,
Sachin

Hi Sachin,

Yes we have many customers using wolfSSL and wolfMQTT on a bare-metal implementation with no RTOS. I recommend defining SINGLE_THREADED, which disables the RTOS (mutex/threading) support.

Thanks,
David Garske, wolfSSL

Decidly, this forum is awesome, an information mine.

6 (edited by arthur.jonathan456 2017-02-07 04:04:31)

Hello David,
I'm working on a project that connect to AWS IoT service over GSM/GPRS modem. I want to port wolfMqtt Client on freescale Kinetic 20 Series microcontroller. k20 series controller doesn't support RTOS. In cuurent scenario, I am using GSM/GPRS modem (SIM 868) to send data over TCP which is working fine.

As we are using k20 microcontroller which doesn't have TCP stack on it, So can we use wolfssl & wolfmqtt to send the data over k20 controller's UART to the SIM868(GSM/GPRS Modem) which is having TCP stack?

Thanks in advance!